- Our exclusive interview with Doctor Who star Karen Gillan (who plays new companion Amy Pond) has been posted. The chat took place back when Karen, Matt Smith, and Steven Moffat were on their press tour in NYC.
And if you can’t tell, I’m absolutely smitten with Ms. Gillan; not only is she gorgeous to look at, but she was also an absolute joy to talk to. Funny, easygoing, a little quirky. She spoke about her personal style, her love of Elvis Presley, and her first impressions of New York City. And she showed off her fabulous tiger-print Alexander McQueen bag, which made me squeal like a little schoolgirl tasting cotton candy for the first time. Have a look!
In other news:
- Oh, what a knight: Sir Patrick Stewart, star of Star Trek: The Next Generation, has received his knighthood from Queen Elizabeth II in a ceremony at Buckingham Palace today.
- Both EastEnders and Coronation Street have had to re-tool stories or postpone episodes due to high-profile murder cases in the UK.
- The BBC comedy Last of the Summer Wine – a perennial best-seller in the BBC AMERICA Shop – has been cancelled after 37 years.(Telegraph)
- Amy Winehouse: the new Al Jolson?(The Sun)