Where’s the Clip of Adam Ant’s Church Rant?
- Troubled rocker Adam Ant swore, ranted, and stormed off stage at a church charity gig, offending many in the audience, according to reports. The Sun says that Adam sang “Sympathy for the Devil” and attempted “a duet with a four-year old boy” before organizers unplugged his amp. “When he was heckled by the crowd of 200 – which included young children – he snarled: “I’m a punk rocker. I don’t do Christian. You can f*** off to the church.”
A few things: If Adam’s a “punk rocker” who “doesn’t do Christian,” what was he doing at a church? Second, when Adam told the crowd, “F*** off to church,” weren’t they already there? Thirdly, who invites Adam Ant to church in the first place? And lastly, where in the f***ing hell is the YouTube clip of this? Sounds amazing.
- When “sexual terrorist” Russell Brand was at his randiest, he employed a crack “sex team” to procure him babes. “When I was at my most promiscuous, I was like a charging locomotive. My selection process was outsourced. I had a team of experts who took care of finding women for me. They had very specific instructions. It was as if I was talking to a wine steward – ‘I’m looking for something French, a bit fruity, smells of oak.'”(The Sun)
- Andrew Cowles, partner of late Stephen Gately, talks with The Daily Mail’s You Magazine about his life with the Boyzone singer.
- The Daytime Emmy nominations were announced today, and British actor James Scott is an Outstanding Lead Actor nominee for his role as E.J. Wells on the soap Days of Our Lives.
- Actor Mark Strong (The Long Firm, Low Winter Sun) plays a villainous character based on Guy of Gisborne in the new Robin Hood film starring Russell Crowe. How did Mr. Strong find the notoriously short-fused Crowe? He tells BBC NEWS: “People seem to think Russell has a temper, I don’t know if that’s true because I’ve never been on the end of it. You have to take as you find. I really like the guy, he was very generous during filming. He even helped somebody out when their car crashed or broke down and gave them some money to help them get a new one.”
- The Sun previews Leona Lewis‘ duet with Jennifer Hudson for the Sex and the City 2 soundtrack.
- Are Argentinian footballers hotter than British ones?(The Sun)
- Not exactly the most original observation, but OK: M.I.A. says David Cameron‘s campaign for UK Prime Minister was an imitation of Barack Obama‘s successful 2008 presidential run. “The Tory campaign seems to be following the Democratic campaign in America. People saying words and stuff, like, ‘If you vote for me you will get change’. And maybe with some change we might give you some hope. It’s really funny to see the same slogans being used but in a more long-winded way.”(NME)