At Cannes, Emily Blunt has made a positive impression on audiences and critics with her role as a principled FBI …Read Now
Sharon Osbourne Speaks Out on Bret Michaels’ Health Problems
- Sharon Osbourne is “devastated” over Bret Michaels‘ brain hemorrhage that has left him hospitalized in critical condition. Osbourne and Michaels are both contestants on this season’s Celebrity Apprentice, but they’ve known each other for many years. She told US Weekly: “Your heart goes out to his family, your heart goes out to him. He’s the nicest guy in the world. And then you start thinking about your own mortality. You start thinking, ‘Oh my God.’ It just makes you appreciate how lucky we all are.”
In an interview with CNN about Michaels, Sharon says that there’s power in praying for someone in need:
- James Anthony from the British paper The Guardian has done a rather morbid post on Michaels and the mortality of ’80s rock stars: “Michaels wasn’t a huge favorite, but his illness brought it home to me that soon (shock-horror!) our favorite hard-livin’ 80s rockers are going to start leaving us. Not from anything outlandish or supposedly poetic, such as suicide, but from normal, natural, boring old age.” DUDE! Bret Michaels and most of his hair-metal brethren aren’t even 50 yet. Let’s not start picking out spots in the graveyard for them quite yet.
- More sad information surrounding Alexander McQueen‘s suicide has been revealed. (Telegraph)
- Courtney Love boasted on Howard Stern‘s show that she had an eight-month affair with Gwen Stefani‘s husband, British rocker Gavin Rossdale. (Daily Mail)
- Ricky Gervais will return as host of the Golden Globes next year. (Guardian)