- Lenora Crichlow, Being Human‘s resident ghost Annie, is in high demand: she will star in BBC’s Dappers, a dramedy about single mothers in Bristol. The show is written by Catherine Johnson (Mamma Mia!).
Just to clarify, Dappers will be the third series Crichlow has headlined this year. A couple of months ago, she starred in the comedy series, Material Girl, on which she played an up-and-coming fashion designer. Check out how un-Annie she is in this clip below:
Compare that to Crichlow as Annie in the second season premiere of Being Human, which will air on BBC AMERICA late summer.
The girl has skills. As if I needed to tell you that.
- Torchwood‘s John Barrowman reveals that his black locks are the result of the bottle. “I’m completely white. Scott [Gill, his partner] and I tested it out a couple of years back. I shaved my head and let it grow and no one saw it. I let it come out grey to see if it was time to let my hair go back to its natural colour. He looked at me and said: ‘I’m not so ready for that yet.’” Hey, it works for Anderson Cooper, JB! (Daily Mail)
- Jemima Rooper (Hex) and Zoë Wanamaker (My Family, Doctor Who) will co-star in a West End production of All My Sons.(The Stage)
- Why was Katie Price in L.A. for Oscar weekend? Apparently, she was “discussing a biopic based on all four of her autobiographies,” reports The Guardian.
- Pete Doherty has come out as a man of fashion in Paris.(Telegraph)
- Steven Moffat teases Matt Smith‘s first Doctor Who scene exclusively to Digital Spy.
- Amy Winehouse is planning a Vegas wedding with ex-husband Blake Fielder-Civil. The nuptials hinge on Amy’s U.S. visa application. (The Sun)
- Will British boyband JLS actually break the States? Their song, “Everybody In Love,” is already getting U.S. radio play.(The Sun)
- Andrew Lloyd Webber brought his five kids out to the London premiere of Love Never Dies, the Phantom of the Opera sequel.(Daily Mail)
- Talk about mixing high and low art: the Anna Nicole Smith opera will premiere in London.(BBC)
- Gerard Butler and Jennifer Aniston have posed for a steamy W magazine photo shoot.(Daily Mail)
- If the face-sucking is any indication, yes, Peaches Geldof and Eli Roth (17 years her senior) are together.(Daily Mail)
The Latest from Mind The Gap
Like many other Brits looking to make a name in show business, Andy Walmsley first tried his luck in Los […]Read Now
Although it’s not quite as rigid as keeping to the right on the London Underground, and you won’t provoke the […]Read Now