- Lenora Crichlow, Being Human‘s resident ghost Annie, is in high demand: she will star in BBC’s Dappers, a dramedy about single mothers in Bristol. The show is written by Catherine Johnson (Mamma Mia!).
Just to clarify, Dappers will be the third series Crichlow has headlined this year. A couple of months ago, she starred in the comedy series, Material Girl, on which she played an up-and-coming fashion designer. Check out how un-Annie she is in this clip below:
Compare that to Crichlow as Annie in the second season premiere of Being Human, which will air on BBC AMERICA late summer.
The girl has skills. As if I needed to tell you that.
- Torchwood‘s John Barrowman reveals that his black locks are the result of the bottle. “I’m completely white. Scott [Gill, his partner] and I tested it out a couple of years back. I shaved my head and let it grow and no one saw it. I let it come out grey to see if it was time to let my hair go back to its natural colour. He looked at me and said: ‘I’m not so ready for that yet.’” Hey, it works for Anderson Cooper, JB! (Daily Mail)
- Jemima Rooper (Hex) and Zoë Wanamaker (My Family, Doctor Who) will co-star in a West End production of All My Sons.(The Stage)
- Why was Katie Price in L.A. for Oscar weekend? Apparently, she was “discussing a biopic based on all four of her autobiographies,” reports The Guardian.
- Pete Doherty has come out as a man of fashion in Paris.(Telegraph)
- Steven Moffat teases Matt Smith‘s first Doctor Who scene exclusively to Digital Spy.
- Amy Winehouse is planning a Vegas wedding with ex-husband Blake Fielder-Civil. The nuptials hinge on Amy’s U.S. visa application. (The Sun)
- Will British boyband JLS actually break the States? Their song, “Everybody In Love,” is already getting U.S. radio play.(The Sun)
- Andrew Lloyd Webber brought his five kids out to the London premiere of Love Never Dies, the Phantom of the Opera sequel.(Daily Mail)
- Talk about mixing high and low art: the Anna Nicole Smith opera will premiere in London.(BBC)
- Gerard Butler and Jennifer Aniston have posed for a steamy W magazine photo shoot.(Daily Mail)
- If the face-sucking is any indication, yes, Peaches Geldof and Eli Roth (17 years her senior) are together.(Daily Mail)
Latest in Anglophenia Video SeriesView All Episodes
The Latest from Mind The Gap
It’s not just the work of Will Shakespeare that makes it across the Atlantic. British dramas, comedies, and high-energy musicals […]Read Now
How much American literature Brits studied in school largely depends on their age. If you’re over forty-five, you may have […]Read Now