- Surprise! Top Gear is having a bit of controversy. This time, a gay couple alleges they were “banned” from the show due to Top Gear‘s requirement that each pair of reserved audience tickets have “an even gender split.” The BBC denies there’s any discrimination involved, reiterating that the car show’s policy to have a 50/50 audience gender division dates back to 2002.
Simon Reeves, the man who claims he and his partner were banned, told The Daily Mirror the policy “sounds like something Jeremy Clarkson came up with to ensure he didn’t have to put up with any gays.” Oh, Mary! Mr. Reeves must have missed the episode in which Clarkson engaged in some cheeky flirting with openly gay pop idol Will Young. Check out the clip below. No spit was swapped during this segment, but you kinda believe the option is on the table. Who wouldn’t want to make out with Will in that cute checkered shirt? Even Jezza takes note of Mr. Young’s pert, sinewy arms.
- Yes, as bluebythebook noted below, Torchwood‘s Naoko Mori (Toshiko) will play Yoko Ono to Christopher Eccleston‘s John Lennon. (IGN)
- More Doctor Who-related news: Heroes hunk Sendhil Ramamurthy and former Saturday Night Live star Jane Curtin have joined David Tennant‘s NBC pilot, Rex Is Not Your Lawyer.(Hollywood Reporter)
- Not content to coast on the Twilight series, Robert Pattinson has a new movie coming out co-starring Pierce Brosnan and Oscar winner Chris Cooper. It’s called Remember Me and here’s the trailer.
- Nearly 200 years later, people are still trying to figure out what caused Jane Austen‘s death. The latest theory: TB.(BBC)
- Freida Pinto and Skins star Dev Patel walk hand-in-hand during a leisurely day of shopping in London. (Daily Mail)
- Pete Doherty has issued an apology for singing a Nazi anthem during a concert in Munich. (BBC)
- Why can’t they just roll with it?: Liam Gallagher does look back in anger at his brother Noel. (The Sun)
Top 10 Posts