It’s his birthday (April 18). What further excuse do we need for a wallow in some of David Tennant‘s greatest …Read Now
Susan Boyle: The Next John Travolta?
- Susan Boyle shocked producers of her special, I Dreamed a Dream, when she busted out some Travolta moves while performing a heartfelt song. The Daily Record reports, “SuBo, 48, was supposed to stand still as she sang ‘Who I Was Born To Be.’ But she wheeled away from the mic halfway through the song, throwing her arms around and jigging across the stage to cheers from the audience. And when producers asked her to film the song a second time, she did the same thing again. A show source said: ‘It was odd and very out of character with the song. Susan looked like she was doing it as a break from the seriousness and the pressure of having to sing throughout a show. It’s going to give us a bit of a headache so we will edit around it.” Please don’t edit around it. I’d pay good money to see the Boyle boogie.
- A surprise duet between Susan Boyle and her idol, West End legend Elaine Paige, will air in Boyle’s special. “I never thought I would see myself standing on the same stage with such an icon from West End theatre, let alone singing with her as an equal,” Boyle says. (Telegraph)
- Blogtor Who has photos of David Tennant in the BBC’s production of Hamlet. Tennant previously played the titular role on stage in Stratford-upon-Avon (to rapturous reviews).
- Hugh Laurie is set to direct an episode of House. (EW)
- More proof that Amy Winehouse and Blake Fielder-Civil are back together? (Daily Mail)
- Ellie Goulding has won the Critics’ Choice BRIT award, which is given to acts the academy predicts will break out in the next year. (BBC)
- Bleak House star Anna Maxwell Martin will co-star with Brian Cox in Bringing Down the House, “BBC4’s forthcoming drama about a journalist’s attempts to secure Freedom of Information regarding MPs’ expenses and allowances.” (The Stage)
- Jerry Hall dressed up as Katie Price for The All Star Impressions Show, a new sketch comedy special featuring celebrities imitating other stars. (Daily Mail)
- Hunky Gary Lucy – formerly Kyle on Footballers Wive$ – is training for the UK reality competition series, Dancing On Ice. (Daily Mail)
- The Beckhams, the Ramsays, the Stefani-Rossdales, and David Furnish enjoyed a posh dinner in celebration of Victoria Beckham‘s Harper’s Bazaar cover. (Daily Mail)
- The verdict on Leona Lewis‘ Avatar theme song: underwhelming. (Guardian)
- Alison Moyet shows she actually has a waistline after a dramatic weight loss. (Daily Mail)
- Mexico’s investigation into the 2000 speedboat death of singer Kirsty MacColl has been closed, and the Justice for Kirsty campaign has ended their efforts. (BBC)
- The classic BBC series Red Dwarf is now available on iTunes!