- The Times has posted an excerpt from Richard Hammond‘s new book Or Is That Just Me? In this piece, the Top Gear co-host reveals what it was like to be chased by several angry, gun-wielding Alabamans. During a stunt done with the express purpose of pissing off as many backwoods homophobes as possible, Hammond drove a car with the words “Man love rules OK” scrawled on the side of it through the highways of Alabama. He barely escaped with his life: “I didn’t want to wake up tied to a tree, being invited to squeal like a little piggy for the entertainment of a 20-year-old psychopath in giant dungarees, with three teeth in his head and a bitter hatred of anyone who wasn’t also a 30-stone homophobic racist who shot at things he didn’t understand.”
- Glenn Beck, the Fox News commentator who once called President Obama a “racist,” has come out as a fan of the British band Muse. Muse, in turn, has asked Beck to retract his statement in an audio interview.
- Torchwood star John Barrowman makes one saucy broad in La Cage aux Folles.(Daily Mail)
- Could Dame Maggie Smith be done with theater for good?(Daily Mail)
- Sir Ian McKellen and the producers of My Family are developing a sitcom set in a drama school.(The Stage)
- In photos from the Doctor Who set, companion Karen Gillan legs it in a police uniform. Can I just add that, despite some early skepticism, I’m totally onboard with Matt Smith‘s look now?(Daily Mail)
- Maybe Keisha Buchanan wasn’t the source of all the Sugababes drama?(The Sun)
- What on Earth made Laila Rouass‘ partner on Strictly Come Dancing call her a racial slur? (Telegraph)
- What did X Factor judge Louis Walsh do to piss off all of Twitter yesterday?
- Compare the world’s biggest celebs to their famous offspring.(Daily Mail)
The Latest from Mind The Gap
Prepare to burn your Michael McIntyre DVDs, expats, and replace them with the complete works of these astonishing, all-American jesters. […]Read Now
Like many other Brits looking to make a name in show business, Andy Walmsley first tried his luck in Los […]Read Now