The Latest from Mind The Gap
America’s British population has taken to the web to voice its displeasure at news that U.S. candy giant Hershey has successfully blocked our much loved U.K.-produced chocolate from being exported to the land of the free.Read Now
In the middle of his road trip across America, British filmmaker James Coulson decided he’d seen enough—and applied for U.S. …Read Now
Well, it’s that time of year again when post-Christmas wallets are weighed up and paperwork is gathered for the filing …Read Now
That man got one chance to punch a celebrity in his life, and he wasted it on Leona Lewis.
Some loon punched the British “Bleeding Love” singer in the face while she was signing copies of her new book at a London bookstore today, The Sun reports.
A “pal of Leona” tells the paper: “Leona was utterly shocked and appalled as it came out of nowhere. The man queued up patiently, then as soon as she signed his book he smashed her in the face. He didn’t say anything to her and she is at a loss as to why anyone would do such an evil thing.”
Someone captured video of the aftermath. This short clip shows the man on the ground and a bodyguard escorting a clearly devastated Leona away from the scene:
The Daily Mail has photos of the man being tackled and Lewis walking away in tears. Leona was taken to the doctor after the incident. No word on her condition or if she’s sporting a nasty shiner.
Not that I’m condoning violence, but there are several celebrities who are more deserving of a good smack. I’m not naming any names.
In other news:
- “Amy Winehouse in boob agony…Days after having surgery to lift her bust, Amy, 26, was in agony and feared her breasts might explode.”(Mirror)
- An interview with Primeval‘s Ben Miller and his comedic partner, Alexander Armstrong.(Telegraph)
- Check out Susan Boyle‘s new album cover.(Heat)
- Pamela Anderson does British theater. Well, panto.(The Stage)
- Spandau Ballet in “triumphant comeback”?(The Times)