Leona Lewis Punched at Book Signing
That man got one chance to punch a celebrity in his life, and he wasted it on Leona Lewis.
Some loon punched the British “Bleeding Love” singer in the face while she was signing copies of her new book at a London bookstore today, The Sun reports.
A “pal of Leona” tells the paper: “Leona was utterly shocked and appalled as it came out of nowhere. The man queued up patiently, then as soon as she signed his book he smashed her in the face. He didn’t say anything to her and she is at a loss as to why anyone would do such an evil thing.”
Someone captured video of the aftermath. This short clip shows the man on the ground and a bodyguard escorting a clearly devastated Leona away from the scene:
The Daily Mail has photos of the man being tackled and Lewis walking away in tears. Leona was taken to the doctor after the incident. No word on her condition or if she’s sporting a nasty shiner.
Not that I’m condoning violence, but there are several celebrities who are more deserving of a good smack. I’m not naming any names.
In other news:
- “Amy Winehouse in boob agony…Days after having surgery to lift her bust, Amy, 26, was in agony and feared her breasts might explode.”(Mirror)
- An interview with Primeval‘s Ben Miller and his comedic partner, Alexander Armstrong.(Telegraph)
- Check out Susan Boyle‘s new album cover.(Heat)
- Pamela Anderson does British theater. Well, panto.(The Stage)
- Spandau Ballet in “triumphant comeback”?(The Times)