It’s his birthday (April 18). What further excuse do we need for a wallow in some of David Tennant‘s greatest …Read Now
X Factor Star Danyl Johnson Receives Apology From Neighbor
- Ever dreamed of becoming a huge success and triumphantly returning to your hometown to rub everyone’s face in it? Recent X Factor sensation Danyl Johnson would have every right to do such a thing. After all, when he was practicing his scales and doing his runs as a teenager, he got nothing but grief from folks in his hometown of Reading, England. Joyce Nicholls, one of Johnson’s old neighbors, told the local paper:
“I would cut my own arm off to apologize to that young man for the way I used to shout at him for his singing. He would just go on and on and I never thought he was that good, but when I saw X Factor and recognized who it was I was absolutely flabbergasted. He was just sensational, absolutely amazing, I could not believe it. He really is talented and I hope he wins, I really do…how wrong I was, I feel terrible now.”
One person who commented on the article thinks Nicholls cutting off her arm would make great television. Sign her up for the next season of Britain’s Got Talent; surely she wouldn’t be as indulgent as that guy who could fart in tune.
- Two Big Brother housemates have admitted that they’d urinated in the house’s tub. Meanwhile, Channel 4 has cancelled Big Brother. We can all agree this is a great loss for quality television.
- Not having to pay for Big Brother will give Channel 4 lots of money to play with for new scripted dramas. One of those dramas will be a four-part sequel to British indie director Shane Meadows‘ BAFTA-winning film, This Is England.
- The Daily Telegraph lists the Top 10 Big Brother UK housemates.
- Brian Epstein, manager of The Beatles, will be the focus of a new biopic, A Life in the Day.(Variety)
- Pete Townsend is writing yet another rock opera. The Who guitarist says, “Floss is an ambitious new project for me, in the style of Tommy and Quadrophenia. In this case the songs are interspersed with surround-sound ‘soundscapes’ featuring complex sound effects and musical montages.” Some of the songs from Floss will appear on the next Who release.(Guardian)
- No testosterone testing needed: Daniel Radcliffe‘s plunging neckline reveals a hairy chest.(The Sun)
- A taste of Russell Brand‘s VMA’s opener, a spoof on West Side Story.(Daily Mail)
- You can never accuse this woman of holding back: Kate “Jordan” Price admits a saucy fling with a Brazilian banker named Andre Pinto, occurring after her split with Peter Andre and before her current relationship with cagefighter Alex Reid. “I had sex three times with him,” she says. “I was single.” (The Sun)