Latest in Anglophenia Video SeriesView All Episodes
The Latest from Mind The Gap
America’s British population has taken to the web to voice its displeasure at news that U.S. candy giant Hershey has successfully blocked our much loved U.K.-produced chocolate from being exported to the land of the free.Read Now
In the middle of his road trip across America, British filmmaker James Coulson decided he’d seen enough—and applied for U.S. …Read Now
Well, it’s that time of year again when post-Christmas wallets are weighed up and paperwork is gathered for the filing …Read Now
The Torchwood star’s cover of Barry Manilow‘s 1980 ballad “I Made It Through the Rain” is No. 14 in the UK this week. C’mon, there has to be a video for this somewhere, and if there’s only one costume change, I won’t be happy.
In other news:
- Harry Potter star Emma Watson has a real witch’s blood in her veins.(Telegraph)
- Jude Law has his own Billie Jean moment.(Daily Mail)
- Skins star Dev Patel and his Slumdog Millionaire co-star Freida Pinto have finally outed their romance.(Daily Mail)
- Is the late Jade Goody in the Great Beyond shaking her head at her husband’s behavior? Jade’s mother, Jackiey, recently had a seance to contact Jade, and the medium delivered this message from her daughter: “Sorry, mum, for not listening to you. She knows [marrying Jack Tweed] was the biggest mistake she has ever made.”‘(Daily Mail)
- Oscar winner Tilda Swinton carries the weight of a whole film festival on her shoulders – literally.(Guardian)
- Sam Taylor-Wood‘s John Lennon biopic will end the London Film Festival.(Guardian)
- Rachel Stevens, who had her engagement ring nicked by robbers earlier this year, has married her long-time boyfriend.(The Sun)
- Gordon Ramsay‘s troubled, heroin-addicted brother has been lowered to selling magazines on a street corner in Devon, England.(Daily Mail)
- Meanwhile, here’s a Spandau Ballet frontman holding a really expensive candy bar.(Mirror)
- Is Jordan set to marry her cage-fighting companion, who, apparently, is into remote control sex toys?
- Scottish pop star Calvin Harris to The Independent: “I’m not good at interviews, I’m not good at dancing, I’m not good at looking like I’m having fun. “I never will be, I don’t think. Unless I go to a life coach.”
- Bananarama are back (minus Siobhan Fahey) and have a new video.(Mirror)
- On Twitter, Lily Allen comes out…as a major cricket fan.(Contact Music)
View all posts by Kevin Wicks.