Latest in Anglophenia Video SeriesView All Episodes
The Latest from Mind The Gap
America’s British population has taken to the web to voice its displeasure at news that U.S. candy giant Hershey has successfully blocked our much loved U.K.-produced chocolate from being exported to the land of the free.Read Now
In the middle of his road trip across America, British filmmaker James Coulson decided he’d seen enough—and applied for U.S. …Read Now
Well, it’s that time of year again when post-Christmas wallets are weighed up and paperwork is gathered for the filing …Read Now
Could it be? Could Girlfriend actually be getting it together? Amy WInehouse joined legendary ska band The Specials onstage at this weekend’s V Festival, and she appeared to be in good spirit, good voice, and good face.
In other news:
- He’s not quite a Susan Boyle-esque revelation, but X Factor favorite Danyl Johnson wowed the judges and the studio audience with his Joe Cocker-style version of The Beatles‘ “A Little Help From My Friends.” And – take that, Adam Lambert – he’s already come out as bisexual.
- Wow, OK, and they’re serious: Robin Williams has been asked to play Susan Boyle in a movie.(Telegraph)
- The very annoying Ant and Dec and their gigantic “fiveheads” will grace U.S. screens again. Hopefully for a very short time indeed.(Telegraph)
- MTV will air the American version of Skins, which will switch in Baltimore for Bristol. Maybe they can hire some of the kids from The Wire?(Guardian)
- Look, it’s Helluva Bottom Carter in a red bathing suit.(Daily Mail)
- Kerry Katona continues to make the case for authorities to take her kids away from her.(BBC)
- Dannii Minogue has a hot runway model boyfriend, and she still wants a kiss from her X Factor co-judge Cheryl Cole.(PA)
- If you’re gonna show that much areola, Nadine Coyle, why even bother with the top?(The Sun)
- British people can watch actual boobs on daytime TV. (Telegraph)
- Pitchfork calls Humbug the Arctic Monkeys‘s “loosest record yet by far,” and adds, “it also demonstrates a great deal of staying power for a band that could have imploded before it ever got this far.”
- Arctic Monkeys frontman Alex Turner has a wonderful side project, The Last Shadow Puppets. His LSP bandmate, Miles Kane, has quit his main band, The Rascals, to go solo.(NME)
- “Viral laryngitis” forced Oasis to cancel their performance at the V Festival over the weekend. Snow Patrol stepped in at the last minute. (NME)
- UK band The Enemy have joined the “Lady GaGa is a tranny” bandwagon.(Digital Spy)
- Dancing with the Stars judge Len Goodman will play a dance teacher in a new movie.(Guardian)
- Patrick Wolf apologizes for his violent diva tantrum in Germany a couple weeks back, claiming he succumbed to “tribal” instincts.(Guardian)
View all posts by Kevin Wicks.