The full trailer for Danny Boyle‘s retelling of the life of Apple pioneer Steve Jobs (called, with computer-like efficiency, Steve …Read Now
Rupert Everett Gives His Take on Fellow “Freak” Michael Jackson
- Is this the pot calling the kettle “not black”? In an interview with The Daily Mirror, Rupert Everett, a man who has destroyed his face, calls Michael Jackson a “freak” and says the late superstar is better off dead: “He looked like a character from Shrek. He was a black to white minstrel. He was crucified by that court case when he was accused of child molestation – that killed him. He personified the pain and anxiety of a black man in a slave country. We all watched as he changed from black to white. He was living performance art. I think it was fortuitous that he died…” A Mirror reader sums Everett up quite well: “Poor creature. He’ll die alone.”
- Katie “Jordan” Price is scared her fans have deserted her after her acrimonious split with Peter Andre. Well she still has a fan in Rupert Everett, who says that he’d rather spend time on a deserted island with Jordan than with Gwyneth Paltrow. “With Jordan you get the truth. She’s treated like a quasi-hooker, whereas Gwyneth is seen as the patron saint of good living. Which one has more integrity? I would much rather have Jordan any day.” Katie Price is angling in on Ms. Paltrow’s territory; she’s up for a role in the Sex and the City film sequel. “They wanted an English nanny with big boobs, so I went for that.”
- Did Jude Law “accidentally” smack a female photographer while out partying in London with Leonardo DiCaprio?(The Sun)
- Amy Winehouse has testified at her trial, in which she’s charged for allegedly punching a dancer who approached her for a photo at a charity ball. Winehouse says it was a push, not a punch. “I meant to just get her away from me. I was scared. I thought, people are mad these days, people are just rude and mad, or people can’t handle their drink.” Amy would know, of course.(Mirror)
- Lily Allen and Duffy enjoy some summer lovin’.
- What will be Susan Boyle‘s first single? Will it be “Moon River”?
- There are no plans for the reunited Blur to record an album. Right now, that is.(BBC)
- Arctic Monkeys have a trailer for their new video.(NME)
- Doctor Who and My Family star Zoe Wanamaker speaks out for equal pay for women in the arts: “Why should women get less? They have the same responsibilities, if not more, especially if they are married and have kids.”(The Stage)
- Director Tony Scott talks about his rivalry with his older brother, Sir Ridley Scott.(The Times)
- Denzel Washington tells Jonathan Ross he’ll play President Barack Obama in a movie, which is simply all kinds of wrong.(The Sun)
- Is Russell Brand wearing a camisole while out to lunch in NYC?(The Sun)
- Actor Tom Hardy has pulled a Billy Crudup, dumping his baby-mama to be with his Wuthering Heights co-star Charlotte Riley.(The Sun)