Radio Times came up with an inspired way to mark the decade since the new series of Doctor Who started. …Read Now
Rupert Everett Gives His Take on Fellow “Freak” Michael Jackson
- Is this the pot calling the kettle “not black”? In an interview with The Daily Mirror, Rupert Everett, a man who has destroyed his face, calls Michael Jackson a “freak” and says the late superstar is better off dead: “He looked like a character from Shrek. He was a black to white minstrel. He was crucified by that court case when he was accused of child molestation – that killed him. He personified the pain and anxiety of a black man in a slave country. We all watched as he changed from black to white. He was living performance art. I think it was fortuitous that he died…” A Mirror reader sums Everett up quite well: “Poor creature. He’ll die alone.”
- Katie “Jordan” Price is scared her fans have deserted her after her acrimonious split with Peter Andre. Well she still has a fan in Rupert Everett, who says that he’d rather spend time on a deserted island with Jordan than with Gwyneth Paltrow. “With Jordan you get the truth. She’s treated like a quasi-hooker, whereas Gwyneth is seen as the patron saint of good living. Which one has more integrity? I would much rather have Jordan any day.” Katie Price is angling in on Ms. Paltrow’s territory; she’s up for a role in the Sex and the City film sequel. “They wanted an English nanny with big boobs, so I went for that.”
- Did Jude Law “accidentally” smack a female photographer while out partying in London with Leonardo DiCaprio?(The Sun)
- Amy Winehouse has testified at her trial, in which she’s charged for allegedly punching a dancer who approached her for a photo at a charity ball. Winehouse says it was a push, not a punch. “I meant to just get her away from me. I was scared. I thought, people are mad these days, people are just rude and mad, or people can’t handle their drink.” Amy would know, of course.(Mirror)
- Lily Allen and Duffy enjoy some summer lovin’.
- What will be Susan Boyle‘s first single? Will it be “Moon River”?
- There are no plans for the reunited Blur to record an album. Right now, that is.(BBC)
- Arctic Monkeys have a trailer for their new video.(NME)
- Doctor Who and My Family star Zoe Wanamaker speaks out for equal pay for women in the arts: “Why should women get less? They have the same responsibilities, if not more, especially if they are married and have kids.”(The Stage)
- Director Tony Scott talks about his rivalry with his older brother, Sir Ridley Scott.(The Times)
- Denzel Washington tells Jonathan Ross he’ll play President Barack Obama in a movie, which is simply all kinds of wrong.(The Sun)
- Is Russell Brand wearing a camisole while out to lunch in NYC?(The Sun)
- Actor Tom Hardy has pulled a Billy Crudup, dumping his baby-mama to be with his Wuthering Heights co-star Charlotte Riley.(The Sun)