- House star Hugh Laurie won’t be throwing any big parties when he reaches the half-century mark in a few weeks: “I’m trying not to think of it as big or meaningful in any way. I find the whole celebration of approaching death a peculiar thing…I get nervous about imposing on other people’s time. I don’t want to push my luck. One day your friends will just turn around and go, ‘no, I’ve always found you incredibly boring, and I’m not going to waste another evening drinking sparkling wine in your honor.’”(Telegraph)
- Did Sacha Baron Cohen‘s Bruno stunt leave a woman confined to a wheelchair with a brain hemorrhage? That’s what she claims in her lawsuit.(Daily Mail)
- Gavin & Stacey will begin a third and final season.(BBC)
- Michael Sheen takes a day out of impersonating Tony Blair to pick up an OBE from Queen Elizabeth II.(BBC)
- Hustle star Adrian Lester will head the all-black version of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof in London’s West End, with James Earl Jones and Phylicia Rashad reprising their roles from the Broadway version. He takes over from Terence Howard.(The Stage)
- The UK press has been warned to leave Susan Boyle alone.(Guardian)
- It’s becoming trendy to compare Susan Boyle and Jon and Kate Plus 8.
- Did wrong numbers listed on YouTube clips thwart Susan Boyle‘s chances at winning Britain’s Got Talent?(Daily Mail)
- Why was I’m a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here a hit in the UK but a “flop” thus far in the U.S? asks The Guardian‘s Anna Pickard.
- Estelle has an army of producers working on her new album: Wyclef, will.i.am, Swizz Beatz, and a member of TV On the Radio.(BBC)
The Latest from Mind The Gap
Like many other Brits looking to make a name in show business, Andy Walmsley first tried his luck in Los […]Read Now
Although it’s not quite as rigid as keeping to the right on the London Underground, and you won’t provoke the […]Read Now