Latest in Anglophenia Video SeriesView All Episodes
The Latest from Mind The Gap
Don’t be fooled into thinking Thanksgiving is all about the food. Many Americans are just as passionate about the retail […]Read Now
- Hugh Grant kicked a paparazzo in the groin after leaving the Waverly Inn here in NYC. This bit of violence isn’t quite as innovative as his 2007 baked beans assault, but Hugh gets points for economy of expression. Watch the video below:
- It’s like 2006 all over again: Pete Doherty has been arrested for DUI and drug possession.(Guardian)
- Speaking of recidivism: Mark Morrison, best-known for his huge ’90s hit “Return of the Mack”, has been arrested again, this time for allegedly assaulting another man at a London hotel. Twelve years ago, Morrison was arrested for trying to sneak a stun gun on to an airplane.
- A nearly naked David Beckham wields a very big rope for Armani.(The Sun)
- Has Timbaland jumped the shark by collaborating with the likes of Simon Cowell?(Guardian)
- A peek at the new season of That Mitchell and Webb Look, featuring a very trim-looking David Mitchell.(The Sun)
- Jade Goody gets the Warhol/Monroe treatment.(The Sun)
- Robbie Williams forgoes the dye bottle and goes a little salt ‘n’ pepper. I think it’s kinda hot actually.(Daily Mail)
- A West End production of Les Miz is selling out, likely due to Susan Boyle‘s performance of “I Dreamed a Dream” on Britain’s Got Talent.(Telegraph)
- Will Bruno be to Austria what Borat was to Kazahkstan, a.k.a. a global embarrassment?(Telegraph)
See more posts by Kevin Wicks
Kevin Wicks founded BBCAmerica.com's Anglophenia blog back in 2005 and has been translating British culture for an American audience ever since. While not British himself - he was born and raised in St. Louis, Missouri - he once received inordinate hospitality in London for sharing the name of a dead but beloved EastEnders character. His Anglophilia stems from a high school love of Morrissey, whom he calls his "gateway drug" into British culture.