Latest in Anglophenia Video SeriesView All Episodes
The Latest from Mind The Gap
In the middle of his road trip across America, British filmmaker James Coulson decided he’d seen enough—and applied for U.S. …Read Now
Well, it’s that time of year again when post-Christmas wallets are weighed up and paperwork is gathered for the filing …Read Now
It is said that a positive review from British restaurant critic Giles Coren can be worth $1 million to an …Read Now
- Little Britain‘s Matt Lucas lampoons Susan Boyle. Seems like a classic in the making.(The Sun)
- Merlin Cadogan, a.k.a. the Hunky Houdini, says he’s gonna beat Susan Boyle and win Britain’s Got Talent.(The Sun)
- Norwegian Eurovision winner Alexander Rybak – who apparently is much hated by the Brits – managed to break the trophy upon accepting the award. As The Sun reports, “Embarrassingly, a crew flunkie had to scuttle out and grab the shattered award – in the shape of a crystal microphone – as Alex sang in front of millions of viewers. Last night the singer-songwriter’s spokesman blamed organizers for providing a cheap trophy.” Watch the clip and see for yourself what happens.
- Robert Downey Jr. got crazy ripped – like Daniel Craig-as-James Bond-ripped – for Guy Ritchie’s Sherlock Holmes. And his Holmes shares Bond’s penchant for S&M. Watch the brand-new trailer.
- Peter Andre says he’s all out of love.(The Sun)
- Jordan says her drinking isn’t to blame: “I hardly ever go out and over the last five years of our relationship, I have probably been out 20 times – which is unusual for a woman of 30. I’m not a party girl and I don’t drink at home, so when I go out, I can get drunk quickly.” (The Sun)
- Rod Stewart wants another baby, but wife Penny Lancaster can’t get pregnant, she says.(Daily Mail)
- Steve Jones and Hayden Panettiere get hot-and-heavy on David Furnish‘s yacht.(Daily Mail)
- I’m sorry, still not sold on Robert Pattinson. Most overrated heartthrob since New Kids on the Block. (Just Jared)
- Pattinson will star in a new movie titled Bel Ami.(Variety)
- Colin Firth and Kevin Spacey will star in an adaptation of George Orwell’s Catalonia. Hugh Hudson (Chariots of Fire) will direct.(Variety)
- The adorably wiry Ben Whishaw talks about playing doomed poet Keats in Jane Campion‘s new film.(Guardian)
- Has Victoria Beckham gone goth with all her black clothing?(Daily Mail)
- Paris Hilton says Victoria Beckham is her “BBF (Best British Friend)” and she wants “Victoria and David to be godparents” to her children. “I’m going to name my kids David and Victoria because she is so hot and I want kids as beautiful as her.”(Mirror)
- Nicole Scherzinger: Lewis Hamilton‘s gonna put a ring on it.(Mirror)
- But what’s Lewis doing teaching Beyoncé how to drive?(Daily Mail)
- Look how bad-ass Lily Allen is: her band wrecks hotel rooms. She’s officially as edgy as Sandi Thom.(Daily Mail)
- House star Hugh Laurie reveals expat anxiety at leaving his kids back in Britain: “I constantly marvel at how grown-up my children are, how grown-up they’re being about this. I worry about parenting at this sort of distance, but they are being so generous and so cool about it that – I mean, it might be because they’re English, and they won’t reveal their psychological damage until they’re in their late forties.”(Daily Record)
View all posts by Kevin Wicks.