Unlike many of his showbiz colleagues, 29-year-old British actor Max Irons, son of Oscar winner Jeremy Irons, isn’t a fan …Read Now
Lily Allen Gets OWNED! By Joan Collins
- Footballers Wive$ star Joan Collins met Lily Allen, who went in to kiss the 71-year-old TV legend. Collins demurred, “I don’t kiss people I don’t know.” Fabulous!(The Sun)
- Now Susan Boyle‘s feet are undergoing scrutiny by the British press. (Mirror)
- The Mirror has two vintage Susan Boyle videos from 1984.
- Susan is cruisin’ for a boozin’.(The Sun)
- Why is Simon Cowell nicer on British TV than he is on American TV? My thoughts? He’s selling British “meanness” to us softie Yanks. (Los Angeles Times)
- OK, punking Paula Abdul is no tough challenge, but that didn’t stop Sacha Baron Cohen. While masquerading as his Bruno character, the comedian led the American Idol judge to believe she’d won an award in Germany. Bruno was interviewing Ms. Abdul when two Mexicans entered the room and dropped to the ground. Cohen kicked one of them, and Abdul says she flipped out: “I said, ‘Get me out of here. This is crazy. This is not funny, this is discrimination. This is abusive stuff going on here’.” (BBC)
- Carol Ann Duffy has become the first female (and first openly gay or lesbian) UK Poet Laureate in the 341 years they’ve been handing out the title. The Guardian has a gallery of some previous honorees.
- Represent the UK: vote for Skins or Beautiful People in the “Best Show You’re Not Watching” category in LOGO’s NewNowNext Awards. Also: Skins is up for Best Lesbian Kiss, although the girl-on-girl actions happens in the most recent season (which hasn’t aired in the States yet).
- Congrats to BBC AMERICA’s Wire in the Blood: Prayer of the Bone‘s Patrick Harbinson, who won the Edgar Award from the Mystery Writers of America for Best TV Episode Teleplay. And he beat two nominees from Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, one from the original Law & Order, and one from CSI: Miami.
- Singer Pink caused pandemonium in London’s Trafalgar Square while filming an ad for T-Mobile.(Telegraph)
- We have a Brit to blame for Miley Cyrus‘ recent success.(Telegraph)
- Is Grey Britain by the UK band Gallows “the most exciting British album in many moons”?(Telegraph)
- Sugababes are coming to the U.S. via Jay-Z‘s Roca-A-Fella label.(BBC)
- Mike Newell could reunite with his Donnie Brasco star Johnny Depp for a remake of The Lone Ranger.(BBC)
- Is James Nesbitt getting by with a little help from some hairplugs?(Daily Mail)
- Robin Hood spoiler (highlight to reveal text): actor Toby Stephens talks to The Daily Mail about playing Prince John: “I didn’t want to play another villain,” he says. “But then I read the script and realized that, though Prince John is supposed to have this tortured personality, as well as being totally mad, it was a great opportunity for me to be funny and have fun. He is a comic character, and though he is spiteful and deranged, I’m playing him for laughs, with a touch of high camp.” Stephens also talks about his famous mum, who is none other than Dame Maggie Smith.