Latest in Anglophenia Video SeriesView All Episodes
The Latest from Mind The Gap
Well, it’s that time of year again when post-Christmas wallets are weighed up and paperwork is gathered for the filing …Read Now
It is said that a positive review from British restaurant critic Giles Coren can be worth $1 million to an …Read Now
It’s accepted that we have British English and American English, but, in written communication, there’s more than just language differences. …Read Now
- In an interview with Esquire UK, Christian Bale says his behavior on the set of Terminator: Salvation “was not excusable” and admits he’s “never been laid back and cool at all.” But he won’t discuss the alleged blow-up with his mother and sister: “I just think it’s a family matter. That’s the end of it. I will not take part in this gossip nation, you know?” I assume he’s talking about you nosy Brits…(Fox News)
- Is Katie Price trying to become Liz Hurley, or is Liz Hurley trying to become Katie Price? I’m beginning to think the latter is true: Ms. Hurley sure is trying to out-sleaze our favorite living blow-up doll in her latest interview. Speaking in Tatler Magazine about how she likes sex in front of fireplaces with hubby Arun Nayar, Hurley says: “Next time you go to someone’s house in the country, be sure to check out if they have warm, possibly fluffy, rugs in front of their fire. No prizes for guessing why they’re there! I can also shyly confess to having two sheepskin rugs in front of all my fireplaces!” Just an FYI: If anyone used my favorite sheepskin rug in such a prurient manner, they would not be asked back to my country house.(The Sun)
- Victoria Beckham has done a B&W underwear photoshoot for Armani, just like hubby David.(Mirror)
- Daniel Radcliffe is apparently friends with a New York City drag queen. The Sun thinks that’s remarkable. Listen, darlings, half of Manhattan is drag queens.
- BoyleWatch: Our Lady of Boyle, Britain’s Got Talent sensation Susan Boyle, will be on Monday’s Oprah via Skype alongside Simon Cowell.(Newsday)
- At the Time Magazine 100 Most Influential People Gala, MIA tried to appeal to Oprah and Michelle Obama to stop the bombing of civilian camps in her home of Sri Lanka. (NME)
- Geri Halliwell steps out with her latest man. Can’t get a good look at him. His forehead looks kinda cute, and he seems to have a nice, strong, creamy white hand.(Daily Mail)
- Is that two lovely daughters on a night out with their dad? Nope, that’s Little Britain star David Walliams with his ex Lauren Budd and actress Mischa Barton.(Daily Mail)
- If you were wondering, The Norman Conquests made $184,806 in box office last week, with 54 percent capacity. I’m sure that will increase with the show’s seven Tony nominations.
- The Guardian‘s Dave Simpson calls British singer Danielle Dax “the Bat For Lashes of the 1980s.” “She should have been absolutely huge, but was probably 20 years before her time.”
- Kanye West says British crooner Mr. Hudson will be the “biggest artist in the world.”(NME)
- The full shortlist for the British Soap Awards.
- The UK has the highest rate of new HIV infections in all of western Europe.
View all posts by Kevin Wicks.