Brenda Blethyn returns to the U.S. in season five of Vera on Monday, July 6, and she’s asking all the …Read Now
Want To See The Host of Bargain Hunt (Almost) Naked?
- Don’t tell me you’ve never wanted to see what The Duke was hiding under those pinstripes: here’s a photo of David Dickinson frolicking on a Barbados beach with his wife (Tina Turner?). He actually has a decent body for 68.
- She’s no Susan Boyle, but this zaftig burlesque dancer left a big impression on viewers of Britain’s Got Talent.(Guardian)
- The real Susan Boyle has a fan in Demi Moore. (Daily Mail)
- Piers Morgan disses the Scottish contestants on Britain’s Got Talent: “Scots on the show are about as much use as haggis – none at all, other than to make you feel nauseous.” Susan Boyle, notably, is Scottish. (Daily Record)
- New producers have joined the crew of Doctor Who, including one from Ashes To Ashes. (BBC)
- John Barrowman‘s website has some shots of John with David Tennant and Catherine Tate at BBC Radio 2.
- Keira Knightley feels “dehumanized” by the Internet.
- Skins co-creator Jamie Brittain says an American version of the show could come as early as next year.
- Gordon Ramsay remembering an early cooking catastrophe. “Right at the start of my career, I did a stint at a resort in the French Alps. One day the head chef asked me to put the fresh bouillabaisse (fish soup) outside in the freezing cold to chill it. By the evening it had festered and formed a thick froth on top. It was absolutely disgusting.” (The Times)
- Mr. Ramsay watches as a poor woman rubs chili peppers into her eyes.
- Procul Harum‘s “A Whiter Shade of Pale” has been the most-played song in Britain over the past 75 years, but The Daily Telegraph‘s Neil McCormick says that’s a tragedy: “I remember the first time I heard that song, I was utterly captivated by its woozy, psychedelic strangeness. It is clearly a song about altered perception (probably drunkeness rather than narcotic) with some strong sexual undercurrent but it has been traduced by over-playing into ubiquitous melodic background music, suitable for everywhere from a dentist’s surgery to an airport lounge. It is a song we have heard so much, we don’t actually hear it at all any more.”
- Rhydian wants to sing with Christina Aguilera. (The Sun)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince will come out July 15th, a Wednesday. (Hollywood Reporter)
- Jordan a.k.a. Katie Price is around three-quarters of the way to a full Wildenstein. (Daily Mail)
- Jon McClure, frontman of UK band Reverend and the Makers, disses Bono: “When I’m told I’m the new Bono it’s a huge insult. I’d rather be the new Dr. Dre. Rock ‘n’ roll is meant to be about rebellion, not being in bed with people like Tony Blair.” (Daily Record)