The Latest from Mind The Gap
Anyone who has spent time in the United States will understand that the country rightly prides itself on its own […]Read Now
Who doesn’t love food suggestions? No one we’ve ever met. Food can mend heartache, create bonds, and, well, we need […]Read Now
- Simon Pegg (Spaced) wanted to add some Scottish authenticity to his role as Scotty in the new Star Trek movie: “Obviously, it’s important to me that the Scottish audience accept me as Scottish. Also, half my family are Scottish and I want to be able to go there now and again without being booed.”(The Times)
- Comedian Rob Brydon once chided his Gavin & Stacey co-star James Corden for his party lifestyle when Corden’s star was on the rise. Brydon tells The Times: “I took James out for lunch around that time and asked him what he was doing, told him he was going to throw it all away. James was very young, very hungry, very ambitious. He wanted America. He was elevated by the media incredibly – he couldn’t have been hotter – so there was only one way to go. It was unlucky that both his film [Lesbian Vampire Killers] and his sketch show came out at the same time and created a sh** storm. I watched Horne and Corden and it’s not for me but the kids love it.”
- After hosting Sunday’s BAFTAs, Graham Norton broke two ribs during a tumble downstairs at his house. “I’ve been to the hospital and been given horse tranquilizing pain-killing medication. There’s nothing they can do about broken ribs.” And he won’t be able to drink while hosting Eurovision in Russia next month. “When I opened my pain medication today it said ‘Avoid alcohol beverages for four to six weeks.’ So I’m going to be sober in Moscow.” (Telegraph)
- Ricky Gervais will determine who’s Best In Show. (Mirror)
- She’ll be a fixture at the Scientology center in no time: Susan Boyle gets praise from Katie Holmes.(The Sun)
- Hotness: buxom Gemma Merna, who plays Carmel McQueen Valentine on Hollyoaks, has a SICK body, which she likes to show off in bikinis.(Daily Mail)
- The buff and beautiful Craig David is looking quite swoon-worthy roaming his balcony in white boxers.
- AbFab star Jennifer Saunders is viva glam!(Daily Mail)
- Little Britain star David Walliams and the way-too-young-for-him Princess Beatrice stop for a photo op.(Daily Mail)
- Who is Lily Allen‘s mystery bloke?(Daily Mail)
- Krystle Carrington wins Hell’s Kitchen!(Daily Mail)
- Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla (a.k.a. Krystle Carrington 2.0) visit the Pope. (Mirror)
- Russell Brand has confirmed that he’ll be ruining two classic film comedies. (Mirror)
- Naomi Campbell is finally retiring from the runway. (Digital Spy)
- Watch a six-year-old Mike Skinner singing “I’m Henry The Eighth, I Am.” (NME)
- Actress Emilia Fox was “rescued” from heavy-handed Moscow airport security by actor Ralph Fiennes and some Russian babe named Tania, she reveals.(Telegraph)
- An interview with the frightening Juliet Stevenson.(Telegraph)
- This is what London’s Olympic Park looks like now – three years before the 2012 games.
See more posts by Kevin Wicks
Kevin Wicks founded BBCAmerica.com's Anglophenia blog back in 2005 and has been translating British culture for an American audience ever since. While not British himself - he was born and raised in St. Louis, Missouri - he once received inordinate hospitality in London for sharing the name of a dead but beloved EastEnders character. His Anglophilia stems from a high school love of Morrissey, whom he calls his "gateway drug" into British culture.