While the news of Downton Abbey coming to an end may still be sinking in, there is something we should all remember: there …Read Now
Dev Patel, Freida Pinto, Robert Pattinson: World’s Most Beautiful?
- Dev Patel and Freida Pinto, on-screen (and possibly off-screen) lovers from Slumdog Millionaire, both made People Magazine’s 100 Most Beautiful People list, which was announced today. I’m just tickled at Dev’s rise from playing a dork on Skins to become an “International Playboy.” Nothing against Dev’s looks because he’s adorable, but think of the hunkiest actors from Skins: Nicholas Hoult (Tony), Mitch Hewer (Maxxie), Joe Dempsie (Chris, R.I.P.). They are your typical male model types: buff and preening. Anwar would be way down the list of Skins characters you’d want to bang. But there he is, on magazine covers, getting snapped in Israeli cafés with hot women. Gotta love this guy!
- The ubiquitous Robert Pattinson from Twilight was selected by People as well. Like Dev, he’s a hot new name for the magazine to promote. But does anyone else find Pattinson kinda skeevy and not in a good way? And that’s only partially because of his phobia of soap and water.
- Catherine Zeta-Jones has bought the rights to Susan Boyle‘s life story. Um, come again? Her husband Michael Douglas would be far more believable in the part.(Daily Mail)
- Piers Morgan calls the Susan Boyle backlash “typically British” and adds, “Those who seek to knock her down just when that dream finally comes true in the most sensational fashion possible, are nothing but cruel, heartless toads.” (The Sun)
- Susan Boyle faces more tough competition over at Britain’s Got Talent.(Mirror)
- Can the girlfriend of an Arctic Monkey save the ratings-challenged MTV?(The Sun)
- David Walliams‘ stalker was allowed to “marry” him in a mock ceremony at the looney bin. According to The Daily Mail, Susan Bartholomew “now introduces herself as Mrs. Walliams. It is claimed staff thought they would face legal action if they stopped the ceremony.”
- Ricky Gervais is bringing his Flanimals children’s series to the big screen – in 3D.(BBC)