While the news of Downton Abbey coming to an end may still be sinking in, there is something we should all remember: there …Read Now
Daniel Radcliffe: Frontrunner For Tony Nomination?
- According to Gold Derby‘s Tom O’Neil, Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe could hear his name called on Tuesday, May 5th when the Tony nominations are announced. Radcliffe could be up for Best Actor in a Play for his skin-baring performance in Equus. His competition looks pretty darn fierce, though: other frontrunners include James Gandolfini for God of Carnage, the mercury-free Raul Esparza for Speed-the-Plow, Oscar winner Geoffrey Rush for Exit the King, John Lithgow for All My Sons, and Bill Irwin and Nathan Lane for Waiting For Godot. And that’s not to mention the other contenders like theater stalwarts Frank Langella and Brian Dennehy. Radcliffe did manage to nab a Drama Desk nomination, which is seen as a precursor for a Tony nod, but still, those are some big names to face. (And even if he does slip in, most see the Tony as Geoffrey Rush’s to lose.)
- Kate Winslet says she grew up “working class” because her father was an out-of-work actor. Stephen Glover of The Daily Mail says that’s bollocks: “A well-paid assembly-line worker in a car factory could justifiably claim to be working class, though he might easily have middle-class aspirations. An actor, however poor, cannot claim to be working class. Acting is not a recognized working-class occupation. Being unemployed for lengthy periods of time does not make one a working-class hero.” Seriously, the Brits are the biggest bunch of haters.
- “I’m not saying Susan Boyle caused swine flu. I’m just saying that nobody had swine flu, she sang on TV, people got swine flu.”(Birmingham Post)
- The Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin take on The Crickets.(Guardian)
- Check out Ashes To Ashes star Philip Glenister speeding through the streets of London on his mountain bike.(The Sun)
- Christian Bale says he’s “not making excuses” while, essentially, making excuses for his bad behavior on the set of Terminator: Salvation.(The Times)