- Les McKeown, the very-married frontman of the Bay City Rollers and Egotrip, says he’s had same-sex affairs. And, according to the 53-year-old singer, it all started with a “date rape” at age 19: “It happened in a hotel room in America. I was cajoled into it through drugs. I was given Qaaludes, which lower your inhibitions. I felt really used and abused and never told anybody but the knock-on effect was that I’ve found myself attracted to men now and again. I’ve been a bit of a George Michael, meeting people, often strangers, for sex. Not in public toilets. I’m not big on the unhygienic side of things. These days, you’d meet online and figure out where you’re going to meet. Afterwards, I’d feel OK. There was no guilt and Peko [his wife] would be none the wiser.” McKeown was way cute in his Egotrip days, even in a yellow leotard and go-go boots.
- Slumdog Millionaire star Freida Pinto has been hiding a secret husband, from whom she is now separated.(Telegraph)
- Jade Goody, who is dying from cancer, plans to wed boyfriend Jack Tweed before TV cameras.(Guardian)
- Jade’s former Big Brother nemesis, Bollywood star Shilpa Shetty, phoned her with well wishes.(Mirror)
- Lily Allen and Perez Hilton are embroiled in a Twitter catfight.(The Times)
- The Guardian is Twittering the Brits.
- British musicians are becoming more business-savvy.(Telegraph)
- Coldplay‘s giving their upcoming live album away for free: “We’re playing a lot of shows in the summer and I think what we would like to do is – bearing in mind the recession we are in – record the live album then give it as a gift.”(NME)
- Bask in the blinding whiteness of James Morrison‘s brand-new teeth!(The Sun)
- The Guardian‘s Penny Anderson disses The Stone Roses on the 20th anniversary of their now-classic eponymous album.
- Lady GaGa is showing everyone her poker face at the BRITs.(Just Jared)
- Get Morrissey‘s Years of Refusal at a $3.99 discount at Amazon. Today (Wednesday) is the last day to do it!
- Are they just now finding out he’s a crap filmmaker?: Warner Bros has reportedly forced Guy Ritchie to re-shoot much of his Sherlock Holmes movie.(Guardian)
- Ricky Gervais‘s podcast is back.(Guardian)
- Whither Victoria Beckham‘s curves? Did she ever have them to begin with?(Daily Mail)
- Not content with achieving world domination, American Idol co-creator Simon Fuller and ITV have teamed up to create six more soon-to-be-unavoidable reality series.(Variety)
- Actor David Harewood will play Robin Hood‘s Friar Tuck.(The Stage)
- Sean Bean explains why he keeps on playing villains: “I don’t think I’d be very good in a Richard Curtis film. I’ve always been drawn to characters that are a bit strange and weird.”(The Times)
Latest in Anglophenia Video SeriesView All Episodes
The Latest from Mind The Gap
Although it’s all one, big United States of America, there are some differences between the states to bear in mind […]Read Now
As we know, this country is huge and varied, so a real bucket list could fill a book. However, there […]Read Now