Brenda Blethyn returns to the U.S. in season five of Vera on Monday, July 6, and she’s asking all the …Read Now
Kate Winslet’s Oscar Season Survival Strategy
- Kate Winslet hopes to be fat in time for Oscar – perhaps so that people will actually take pity on her next time she convulses on stage.(Telegraph)
- The Times writes Kate Winslet’s Oscar speech for her. “This time, I am absolutely not lost for words. I have lots of words. I’ve practiced them. I’d like to start by thanking my director and my husband, who may or may not, in this film, have been the same person.”
- Red Dwarf returns, just in time for Easter!(Guardian)
- Billy Elliot‘s Jamie Bell is Spielberg‘s Tintin, with Daniel Craig as the villain and Simon Pegg and Nick Frost as Thomson and Thompson. I am ill with anticipation over this film.(Guardian)
- Martha’s back – Freema Agyeman is slated to appear in one of the Doctor Who specials, according to The Sun.
- “How Sienna Miller‘s ‘toothy’ look and ‘unruly hair’ on a photoshoot angered Vogue editor Anna Wintour.”(Daily Mail)
- Mischa Barton is dating Kooks frontman Luke Pritchard, which is the best thing to happen to either’s career in ages.(Daily Mail)
- PJ Harvey is the new Andrew Lloyd Webber.(Guardian)
- James McCartney is the next Julian Lennon.(Telegraph)
- Don’t be stupid, Amy! Girl, we don’t chase ’em, we replace ’em.(The Sun)
- Charlotte Church says she wants to be a judge on X Factor, alongside longtime sworn enemy Cheryl Cole. (The Sun)
- Both Radiohead AND Sir Paul McCartney performing at the Grammys? OK, NARAS, you have my attention…(BBC)
- Oasis leads the NME nominations with seven mentions. And Barack Obama even managed a nod.(No RocknRoll Fun)
- The reviews of Morrissey‘s Years of Refusal are in – and they are pretty damn good.
- Gerard Kearns talks about those awkward gay sex scenes on Shameless without the slightest bit of homophobia. Refreshing.(Daily Record)
- The Sun reveals the Hollyoaks girls without their face spackle. Jennifer Metcalfe (Mercedes) looks quite beautiful, although it’s pretty clear she’s wearing some makeup.
- Ricky Gervais will try to out-grouch Oscar on Sesame Street.(The Sun)