Unlike many of his showbiz colleagues, 29-year-old British actor Max Irons, son of Oscar winner Jeremy Irons, isn’t a fan …Read Now
Are Chiwetel Ejiofor, Colin Salmon Who-Worthy?
- More Doctor Who speculation…The Stage‘s Mark Wright puts forward the oft-mentioned Chiwetel Ejiofor. Here’s a clip of Ejiofor from the Joss Whedon film, Serenity: he has gravitas, that guy.
- The buzz on the street – Colin Salmon is the next Doctor Who. We will see, won’t we?(Den of Geek)
- “Cranky” film critic Armond White likes Quantum of Solace, hates Danny Boyle‘s Slumdog Millionaire, which features Skins star Dev Patel (Anwar).
- David Beckham is the UK’s top calendar pin-up.(Mirror)
- Sir Roger Moore thinks Daniel Craig should giggle more as Bond.(Daily Mail)
- Don’t worry, Madonna: Britain was bored with you at “Hello.” I suggest the lovely and progressive city of Khartoum be your next destination.(Mirror)
- Is Prince Harry‘s girlfriend Chelsy Davy the new Nicole Richie? (The Sun)
- John Lennon, at No. 5, is the highest-ranked Brit on Rolling Stone’s list of “The 100 Greatest Singers of All-Time.”
- Eleanor Rigby was a real woman. But did she actually wear a face that she kept in a jar by the door?(The Independent)
- Simon Cowell does something really nice for a change.(Daily Mail)
- Adrian Hodges discusses the third and fourth seasons of Primeval and his new series, Survivors. (Digital Spy)
- Dragons’ Den panelist Duncan Bannatyne also has a new show. It’s called Beat The Bank. As he tells Digital Spy, “This is a show where I take a young couple from the general public, and I ask them if they want to leave their money in the bank or if they want to take a risk with it. I introduce them to some experts: one in antiques, one in art, one in wine. These experts claim that if you give them £10,000, you can get a much better rate than from a bank. I remind the couple that there are risks involved and it’s left for them to decide what to do.”
- The new Boyzone video features the members with actors playing their love interests. Openly gay Stephen Gately is paired with a male actor.(BBC)
- Aging Irish boy band in brazen bar brawl.(Mirror)
- George Takei and Martina Navratilova have signed up to humiliate themselves and their loved ones on the British reality show, I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!(The Times)
- It’s official: all of the surviving members of Faces – including Rod Stewart and Ronnie Wood – are reuniting.(NME)
- Characters from Hollyoaks – fictional band members Josh, Michaela, Sasha, and Amy – are releasing a real single.(NME)
- A video interview with British director Terence Davies.(Guardian)