- Billie Piper shows off her baby bump in a see-through gown. You know, people often say that pregnant women have a certain glow. (Usually, it’s husbands who hope to still get laid after their wives give birth.) But in Billie’s case, it’s actually true! She’s enormous, yes, but she’s still hot.
- Billie Piper explains the “speech impediment” she had during her return to Doctor Who: “I got really paranoid. Maybe it was really cold and my lips were tense, because we were shooting in the middle of winter, and I’m always in a tiny leather jacket. But it seemed fine when I heard it… When I went to work the next morning, the make-up guy said: ‘Your speech sounded really funny’. I wonder if it was something in the final mix. Strange.”(io9)
- Will former Timelord Paul McGann guest-star on one of the Doctor Who specials?(What’s On TV)
- C’mon, io9, tell us how you really feel about the Torchwood radio episode: “Somehow, everybody involved in this production got the same memo, the one that said, ‘Nobody can see you, so you have to act REALLY BROADLY to make sure everyone gets a mental image.’”
- Daniel Radcliffe says he’d love to play a “drag queen…just because it would be an excuse to wear loads of eye makeup.”(New York Post)
- Amy Winehouse is reportedly fleeing the crack-filled jungle of London for a country house in Suffolk.(The Sun)
- Estelle, the British R&B singer whose “American Boy” is a summer smash, leads the MOBO (Music of Black Origin) award nominations with five mentions. She’s up for best UK female against Leona Lewis, MIA, and her rivals Adele and Duffy. (BBC)
- The Mercury Prize has boosted Elbow‘s album sales.(BBC)
- Girls Aloud‘s 2007 single, “Call the Shots”, won the Popjustice Twenty Quid Music Prize. Love the song, but – unpopular opinion alert – Nicola‘s little part at the end has always been a total downer for me.
- Another X Factor controversy: it has been claimed that Cheryl Cole had a conflict of interest by voting one of her friends through to the next round. Cole says she never knew the guy.(Daily Mail)
- X Factor winner Leon Jackson goes all Philly Soul on his debut single, “Don’t Call This Love.” The Mirror has an exclusive clip.
- Rose McGowan, who stars in a film about the Troubles, says she would have been a member of the IRA if she had lived in Belfast in the ’80s. Her comments have not been well-received.(BBC)
- Primeval‘s Ben Miller and his comedy partner, Alexander Armstrong, are planning a sitcom about office temps.(Chortle)
- Gerard Butler goes to Japan.(Just Jared)
- Saint Etienne and David Bowie are both releasing new best-of compilations.
- The first trailer for Atonement director Joe Wright‘s first American film, The Soloist, starring Jamie Foxx and Robert Downey, Jr.(Guardian)
- Just a couple of weeks after sugar mummy Madonna celebrated her 50th birthday in royal style, Guy Ritchie is ladding it up for his big 4-0. (The Sun)
- Kate Moss has adopted a Sienna-esque short hair cut.(The Sun)
- Shall we summon the How Clean Is Your House ladies?: Britain’s dirtiest apartment has been revealed. “The tenant had been smoking without opening windows and there were nicotine stains dripping from the walls. It smelt like a giant ashtray. There were McDonalds and Kentucky Fried Chicken containers everywhere. I couldn’t get through to get to the kitchen and they were stacked all around the bed. You couldn’t see any part of the floor in the living area. In all my 15 years of running properties I have never come across anything like this before and we see all sorts.” Wow, I didn’t even know Rush Limbaugh had an apartment in Slough…(Telegraph)
Latest in Anglophenia Video SeriesView All Episodes
The Latest from Mind The Gap
As we know, this country is huge and varied, so a real bucket list could fill a book. However, there […]Read Now
Wealthy folk in the U.S. and back home in Blighty are a complicated bunch with a rich history and, no […]Read Now
Located in Memphis, Tennessee, the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is the first and only U.S. National Cancer Institute-designated cancer […]Read Now