- Couldn’t get enough of the Torchwood star John Barrowman‘s heartfelt rendition of “All Out of Love”? (I just love the moment in the video when he stops the orchestra with just the flick of a wrist. Obey the Barrowman!) He’s back with a highly anticipated follow-up titled…wait for it…Music Music Music, an album so clearly brilliant he named it three times. It will be released November 24th, according to NME, and the first single, the Gary Barlow-penned “What About Us,” will come out out November 17th. Can’t wait! Just no Latin versions of Police songs…puh-leeeze.
- If Lily Allen can’t get press from her music – her new album has been pushed back – she’ll get press by knocking the hell out of some French girl in front of rolling cameras. The Sun has the video. Hmmm, guess who won’t be touring the U.S. anytime soon due to a rejected visa. Good luck with those stateside album sales, Lil!
- Sadie Frost, Jude Law‘s hard-living ex, can’t keep up with Amy Winehouse.(The Sun)
- Harvey Keitel in his Gene Hunt duds! (Daily Mail)
- He should have hired Fiona Shackleton: Phil Collins is feeling the pinch of his $50 million divorce settlement to his third wife, Orianne Cevey.(The Times)
- Simon Pegg has dropped out of Tarantino‘s latest turd. (Wise career move.)(Chortle)
- I may make fun of Jade Goody – who doesn’t? – but even I wouldn’t wish cervical cancer on her. She learned of her diagnosis while in the Indian Big Brother house, and that emotional moment will be seen by Indian TV viewers. I know I speak for all Anglophenia readers when I wish her a speedy recovery.
- Jon McClure, lead singer of Reverend and the Makers, says he’s quitting music after the band’s next album: “I feel like a sore thumb in a piranha pool in this industry. I don’t like the way it’s all run by rich men in their 50s who went to private school. It’s not something I want to be part of…I’m going to retire and become a pedal taxi driver.” (Watch their video for “Open Your Window”.)
- Maximo Park will “push themselves in to a weird space” for their third album. I’m ready: I love them. (See the video for “Our Velocity”, which was one of my favorite tracks of 2007.)
- Bloc Party‘s new album is coming out Thursday – news which they announced yesterday.(Guardian)
- Gavin & Stacey star/co-creator James Corden has landed a job…writing jokes on ice cream sticks.(The Sun)
- The Mighty Boosh boys are just a couple of the British comics making their big screen debuts. (Gavin & Stacey‘s James Corden and Mathew Horne have recently made Lesbian Vampire Killers. Can’t miss a movie with a title like that.)(The Sun)
- Paging psychotherapists specializing in body dysmorphic disorder: Cheryl Cole says she often feels “fat and spotty.”(Daily Mail)
- Tamsin Greig (Black Books, Green Wing) will star in David Hare’s new play, Gethsemane, at Britain’s National Theatre.(The Stage)
Latest in Anglophenia Video SeriesView All Episodes
The Latest from Mind The Gap
Although it’s all one, big United States of America, there are some differences between the states to bear in mind […]Read Now
As we know, this country is huge and varied, so a real bucket list could fill a book. However, there […]Read Now