Christian Bale Arrested For Allegedly Assaulting His Mother and Sister?!
- In his Anglophenia post on the The Dark Knight premiere, Tom Brook noted that Welsh-born star Christian Bale seems like “he doesn’t suffer fools gladly.” (Watch the interview – Bale had a total bitchface on the whole time.) Now comes news that Bale has been arrested for allegedly assaulting his mother and his sister at London’s Dorchester Hotel on Sunday. (See photos of both of them at The Daily Mail.) Um, what? Be sure to mosey over to Perez Hilton to see Christian’s fangirls exclaiming, “He can hit me anytime! He’s HAWT!”
- The shortlist for the Mercury prize has been announced, and, for the third straight year, Alex Turner has made the list. The last two times were for Arctic Monkeys. This year, he’s nominated for his band The Last Shadow Puppets. Here’s the complete shortlist.
* Adele – 19
* British Sea Power – Do You Like Rock Music?
* Burial – Untrue
* Elbow – The Seldom Seen Kid
* Estelle – Shine
* Laura Marling – Alas I Cannot Swim
* Neon Neon – Stainless Style
* Portico Quartet – Knee-Deep In The North Sea
* Rachel Unthank & The Winterset – The Bairns
* Radiohead – In Rainbows
* Robert Plant & Alison Krauss – Raising Sand
* The Last Shadow Puppets – The Age Of The Understatement
- Peaches Geldof, daughter of Bob Geldof, suffered a drug overdose on Sunday afternoon, according to The Sun. “The pretty 19-year-old was given mouth-to-mouth resuscitation and chest compressions by a pal to keep oxygen pumping to her brain…Terrified Peaches was successfully revived at the flat in trendy Camden, North London.” According to The Daily Telegraph, a spokesman says: “Peaches has made a full recovery from the minor incident reported in today’s papers. After attending last nights Batman premiere in Leicester Square, she is looking forward to work as usual today.”
- Photos of David Tennant in rehearsal for Hamlet.(What’s On Stage)
- Photo: David Tennant goes out to lunch in Stratford-upon-Avon, where he’s performing Hamlet. Is it cool enough in England to wear a jacket, an Abercrombie & Fitch sweatshirt, and a baseball cap?
- David Duchovny says he doesn’t want to be Doctor Who. I didn’t know he was in the running, but, come to think of it, he would have been good. Not very high energy, mind you, but wry and sexy.(Now)
- Torchwood‘s John Barrowman and his partner have visited a Cambodian orphanage and are talking adoption.(The Sun)
- Oasis guitarist Noel Gallagher is a fan of Dragons’ Den, according to judge Duncan Bannatyne: “I was at a music awards ceremony in London recently where Oasis won the top prize and Noel shouted to me, ‘Hey I think you’ve got a fantastic show.’ I was amazed!” (The Sun)
- A woman accused of stalking Little Britain star David Walliams for four years has admitted her crime in court. As BBC NEWS reports, “Sarah Bartholomew, 29, from Essex, sent a stream of letters, e-mails, and gifts to the comedian, and texted his agent saying: ‘I need his baby.'” However, it is said that Bartholomew posed “no serious threat” to Walliams.
- The Top Gear team is heaping praise on Swindon councilman Peter Greenhalgh for proposing a ban in his town on speeding cameras.
- Where are the lesbians on British television?(Guardian)
- Naomi Campbell says that Gisele Bundchen and Kate Moss are the only currently working models who deserve to be called “supermodels.” And she says Victoria Beckham was one of the first people to reach out after her arrest at Heathrow. “When I was going through my hard time recently she was immediately on the phone, asking me how I was doing and saying, ‘I hope you’re well.’ “She was very sweet.”(Mirror)
- Kate Moss is allegedly back together with Jamie Hince.(Mirror)
- Balthazar Getty, who has been seen in steamy clinches with Sienna Miller, has announced that his marriage is over.(Daily Mail)
- James Blunt hangs with former CSI star Gary Dourdan and a “boatload of beauties.” (Daily Mail)
- Sean Connery is still fighting with the wife he divorced 40 years ago.(Daily Mail)