Looking older but as sharp-witted and energetic as ever, the five living members of Britain’s beloved Monty Python were the …Read Now
Why Did Amy Winehouse Really Punch That Dude at Glastonbury?
a) Because he grabbed her boobs as she went past, as Glastonbury founder Michael Eavis says?
c) Because he threw a straw hat at her beehive?
Doesn’t matter: the guy is right chuffed and just tickled about being assaulted by the five-time Grammy winner. Even though he claims he was a victim of mistaken identity, James Gostelow is all smiles as he relates his story to BBC NEWS. He even got the incident on tape. But he does not intend to press charges: “At the end of the day it is all part of being at the front and being pushed by thousands of people. It is all part of the Glastonbury experience,” he said. “I’m just pleased I got to see her. She did a great act. Not everyone can say they have been hit by Amy Winehouse. I just want to shake the person who threw the hat.”
While Winehouse punches her fans, Chris Martin consoles and caresses them.
Ne-Yo, R&B star and songwriter behind Beyoncé‘s “Irreplaceable,” has racked up his second UK No. 1, knocking Coldplay‘s “Viva La Vida” down to No. 2. Jordin Sparks and Chris Brown‘s duet, “No Air,” zooms from No. 10 all the way to No. 3. The only new entry in this week’s top 10 belongs to Busta Rhymes, whose collaboration with Linkin Park, “We Made It,” comes in at No. 10.
Download Ne-Yo’s “Closer”
Download Coldplay’s “Viva La Vida”
Download Jordin Sparks & Chris Brown’s “No Air”
Download Chris Brown’s “Forever”
Download Rihanna’s “Take A Bow”
Download Sara Bareilles’ “Love Song”
Download The Ting Tings’ “That’s Not My Name”
Download Duffy’s “Warwick Avenue”
Download Busta Rhymes ft. Linkin Park’s “We Made It”
In other news:
- The Quantum of Solace trailer has premiered online. Yes, there is Daniel Craig shirtlessness involved. (He’s not quite as bulky and roid-y looking, which is fine by me.) Speaking of which, The Sun has an erotic still shot of Craig smooching the naked back of Bond girl Gemma Arterton.
- Journalists take note: Pierce Brosnan doesn’t want to talk about his former life as James Bond: “Look. Bond was there. It was great. It has allowed me to make movies like The Matador [a dark comedy in which Brosnan played a deranged hitman]. To have a working career. It also allowed me to make Mamma Mia! Let’s get back to that.”(Telegraph)
- The Guardian has full coverage of this past weekend’s Glastonbury festival.
- Eff Noel Gallagher: Jay-Z was “the most thrilling headline act [in] more than a decade” at Glastonbury, says The Times. Plus: here’s the video of Jay-Z taking the piss out of Gallagher by doing a cover of the Oasis song, “Wonderwall.”
- Jay-Z has starting collecting the artworks of British painter Damien Hirst. His first purchase, a painting titled “Beat Life And Cheat Death,” “was inspired by lyrics from the rapper’s 2007 album American Gangster.”(NME)
- The recently reunited Verve closed out Glastonbury.(The Sun)
- With his marriage to Madonna allegedly crumbling, Guy Ritchie has been crashing at Sting and Trudie Styler‘s place. Weren’t Sting and Trudie responsible for hooking them up in the first place? Shouldn’t he be slamming their heads together, screaming, “What the f*** were you thinking?”(The Sun)
- Simon Cowell tops The Independent‘s list of “British talent making it big in the States.”
- Lily Allen has finally finished work on her sophomore album, which will include a remake of Joe Jackson‘s “Steppin’ Out” (featuring Klaxons frontman Jamie Reynolds.)(BBC)
- The Daily Telegraph‘s music critics have selected the top 50 dance songs.
- The Times has an interview with Ray Winstone‘s hard-partying actress daughter, Jaime. “People are still saying to me, ‘You only get it because of your dad,’ but it doesn’t work like that. You might get the meeting, but nobody is going to pay you good money to do a job because of who your dad is.”
- British actress Alex Kingston, a.k.a. Dr. Corday from ER, will play a fugitive ex-convict in the eight-part BBC drama, Hope Springs.(BBC)
- Wait…another Cracker remake? (Hollywood Reporter)
- Charlotte Church‘s nine-month-old daughter has had her christening.(BBC)
- Cheryl Cole celebrates her 25th birthday with husband Ashley.(The Sun)
- Prince Charles is making more money, paying less tax.(Telegraph)
- Could Brit Andy Murray win Wimbledon? (Guardian)