- There’s an ongoing debate over at The Guardian about why Top Gear is so popular. An astute commenter calls it “Sex and the City for those who like cars.” Which I guess makes Jeremy Clarkson Carrie, Richard Hammond Miranda, James May Charlotte, and The Stig Samantha. Well done!
- Cue the beating of the drums: Madonna has hired Paul McCartney‘s divorce attorney, Fiona Shackleton.(Mirror)
- Anthony Hopkins is set to play King Lear in a film version of the play, with Gwyneth Paltrow, Naomi Watts, and Keira Knightley as his daughters. (Guardian)
- The Sun has a “steamy” screenshot of Keira Knightley’s sex scene with Dominic Cooper in her new movie, The Duchess.
- Prince Harry makes out with a cow. But enough about Chelsy Davy. I kid!(Daily Mail)
- Well, if this isn’t a strong enough warning for Amy Winehouse…: the chairman of the British Lung Foundation says Amy’s emphysema could effectively end her singing career: “The symptoms are breathlessness on exertion. The big difference for singers is that they require more breath and so those with emphysema can’t hold the phrases and notes that their colleagues can. They also have difficulty with volume and sometimes have trouble with high notes because they have to take in more breath.” (Telegraph)
- Nelson Mandela has “banned” Naomi Campbell from introducing acts on stage at his concert.(Daily Mail)
- Oprah, in London for Nelson Mandela’s 90th birthday, forgot to dab some cream on those suitcases she’s lugging around under her eyes.(The Sun)
- The Daily Mail is in awe over the stunning Jane Seymour, who has a 26-year-old daughter who looks like her younger sister.
- That’s Sir Salman Rushdie to you.(BBC)
- A slain Harry Potter actor was laid to rest today.(The Sun)
- Rhys Ifans is going back to Wales after his breakup with Sienna Miller.(Mirror)
- The Times lists the 10 “funniest” places and the 10 coolest seaside restaurants in the UK.
- Billie Piper wants a home in Australia.(The Sun)
- Jennifer Aniston‘s “ex,” British model Paul Sculfor, is dating Cameron Diaz.(The Sun)
- Lily Cole‘s boyfriend is hot.(Daily Mail)
- Who is Jude Law‘s “mystery brunette”?(Daily Mail)
- How British TV networks are struggling to create compelling dramas like Lost and Brothers & Sisters.(Telegraph)
- An underwhelming Radiohead concert? Say it ain’t so…(Telegraph)
- Actress Tamzin Outhwaite has given birth to a girl, Florence Elsie Ellis.(Daily Mail)
- Joss Stone is allegedly having financial difficulties.(Mirror)
- The strong sales of Coldplay‘s new album have made it a rare success story for the record industry.(New York Times)
- Oasis‘ new album will be titled Dig Out Your Soul.(NME)
- McFly are releasing their fourth album for free.(Mirror)
- Jim Kerr says there may be not one, but two new Simple Minds albums in the works. “The writing sessions have somehow taken over our entire lives, but they have worked out perfectly. I am having difficulty in remembering the last time we had such an abundance of material prior to recording. We may even have enough songs of sufficient quality for two albums.”(Daily Record)
- Arjan Writes is offering Sam Sparro‘s UK smash hit, “Black & Gold,” as a free download.
The Latest from Mind The Gap
Like many other Brits looking to make a name in show business, Andy Walmsley first tried his luck in Los […]Read Now
Although it’s not quite as rigid as keeping to the right on the London Underground, and you won’t provoke the […]Read Now