Latest in Anglophenia Video SeriesView All Episodes
The Latest from Mind The Gap
In the middle of his road trip across America, British filmmaker James Coulson decided he’d seen enough—and applied for U.S. …Read Now
Well, it’s that time of year again when post-Christmas wallets are weighed up and paperwork is gathered for the filing …Read Now
It is said that a positive review from British restaurant critic Giles Coren can be worth $1 million to an …Read Now
- Video: cameras were rolling as Rhys Ifans, reportedly angry over his split with Sienna Miller, lobbed a bottle at paparazzi and was confronted by police – who let him off with a “warning.” As much as I loathe some of those photographers, shouldn’t he at least have been arrested? He could have seriously injured someone.(The Sun)
- Amy Winehouse has “symptoms of tuberculosis,” a source tells The Sun. The Daily Mail‘s sources say it’s just a “chest infection.”
- Two of UK indie music’s biggest names – former Libertines guitarist Carl Barat and The Long Blondes‘ Dorian Cox – have been hospitalized with serious illnesses.(Guardian)
- Naomi Campbell has pleaded guilty to charges surrounding her assault of police officers at Heathrow airport, and she’s been sentenced to 200 hours of community service. In court, it was learned that Naomi apparently cried “racism” during her diva fit on the plane. After the captain approached her and said she couldn’t immediately retrieve her lost luggage, she responded, “You are a racist. You wouldn’t be doing this if I was white.”
- An overzealous Sky News reporter “pinned a rival against a wall today when tensions exploded outside court as the press tried to get a glimpse of Naomi Campbell.” The Daily Mail has photos of Kay Burley with “her hand around the throat of a female photographer as the media scrum desperately tried to get a shot of the supermodel.” Ms. Campbell is said to have shed a tear in admiration.
- Helen Mirren met Queen Elizabeth II for the first time since portraying her in The Queen. (People)
- Will Smith, who’s in London promoting Hancock, says he fences with David Beckham and Tom Cruise. “Tom has a room for training. We don’t get enough time to hang out, just us three guys, so this is his way of getting together and bonding. David and I go to his home and just do fencing. It’s a lot of fun.” Hmmm…I think I’ll just be quiet. (Digital Spy)
- Piers Morgan “apologized to Sir Paul McCartney for introducing him to Heather Mills.” (Digital Spy)
- Coldplay‘s Chris Martin is excited at the prospect of No. 1’s in both America and Britain.(BBC)
- Creaky Boards realized they were on shaky ground with their accusations of plagiarism against Coldplay. Now they’ve taken it all back. No harm done, right? Funny, they may have committed career suicide before they even had a career to speak of.(Telegraph)
- Remember Dr. Raj Persaud, the British TV doctor who admitted plagiarizing research? He could lose his ability to practice medicine.(Telegraph)
- Girls Aloud singer Sarah Harding has been dumped by her boyfriend, allegedly because she’s cozying up to one of her backing dancers.(The Sun)
- An evicted contestant on the UK’s Big Brother allegedly has “gang ties.” She was booted after threatening fellow houseguests: “I get to do the s*** I wanna do. Pow, pow, pow. Personal offense is never forgotten, do you know what I mean? I’ve got a very, very, very, very, very strong team outside the house, strong, so solid, strong. If I get out first, I get out, make the plans.”(Mirror)
- Mica Paris (singer and What Not To Wear host) offers a tribute to Nina Simone.(Guardian)
- The Guardian highlights thecocknbullkid, a singer-songwriter described as “Neneh Cherry crossed with Morrissey…Cherrissey.” Check out her Myspace. I quite adore her, I must say.
View all posts by Kevin Wicks.