You really never know who is going to pop up on Twitter. You may tweet one of your favorite actors …Read Now
Coldplay Frontman Storms Out of Interview, Admits Jealousy Toward Brad Pitt
- Coldplay sold 125,000 copies of their Vida La Vida album in the UK in its first day. That’s a huge number for a nation one-fifth the size of the U.S. So why is Chris Martin so damn pissy? Martin stormed out of an interview with BBC Radio 4, claiming the interviewer was “journalistically twisting him into saying something he didn’t really mean.”
- In a Rolling Stone interview, Chris Martin says he lost his virginity at 22, admits he got into music to get laid (who doesn’t?), and reveals his jealousy toward wife Gwyneth Paltrow‘s ex, Brad Pitt.(New York Daily News)
- Oh, and since he’s already being so candid, he also admits to a prescription sleeping pill habit. “I can’t sleep, so I take a lot of sleeping pills. I don’t really like saying it, but it does take the brain to a different place.”(Mirror)
- As Glastonbury approaches, The Guardian asks musicians (like Mr. Martin) for tips on how to headline a festival.
- You’ll have to wait until 2009 for the next Franz Ferdinand release.(Daily Record)
- Lily Allen‘s steaming mad about being called “washed-up” by Perez Hilton. No Rock and Roll Fun has her rant. And Perez has posted a quite nasty response to her post.
- Leona Lewis is tipped to sing the Bond theme instead of the troubled Amy Winehouse.(The Sun)
- Amy’s husband, Blake Fielder-Civil, fancies himself “a modern-day Al Capone,” a trial witness told the court yesterday.(The Sun)
- Cheryl Cole, Sharon Osbourne‘s replacement on X Factor, has already marginalized Dannii Minogue on the show. In a new promo shot, Cheryl looks fresh and vibrant, while Dannii, pushed to the far right of the photo, looks old and cranky. Let that be a lesson to Ms. Minogue: there’s always someone younger and prettier out there, and karma’s a bigger bitch than you’ll ever be.(Daily Mail)
- Pierce Brosnan inelegantly wipes out while surfing in Maui, and Naomi Campbell makes a dramatic, backwards tumble.
- Peter Gabriel talks about his new site, The Filter, with Reuters. He makes a great point about the declining quality of music technology: “The iPod, for example, does have the capacity to hold … what they call ‘Apple Lossless’ files, so it’s built in and available, but very few people use it and an MP3 has become the sort of new standard and it’s a giant step backwards. Whereas in television now most of us are getting used to wide screen or high definition, and that’s gone forwards in terms of quality, music has certainly gone back.”
- Kate Moss is losing her fashion touch, wearing a dress already worn by Victoria Beckham and Selma Blair. Still she looks quite glam here.
- Christopher Eccleston will play navigator for Amelia Earhart (Hilary Swank) in the Mira Nair-directed biopic.(Variety)
- James McAvoy denies that he’ll play Bilbo Baggins in The Hobbit.(Guardian)
- Another UK boy band looks to reunite: Blue.(The Sun)
- Billie Piper thinks she’s having a boy, sources say.(Mirror)
- Wayne Rooney and Coleen McLoughlin spared no expense for their wedding reception.(The Sun)