- Look what happened to the hotness that was Michael Fassbender a.k.a. Azazeal from Hex: he shed over 40 pounds to play prisoner Bobby Sands in the film Hunger, which is being screened at Cannes. Sands underwent a 66-day hunger strike as a protest to have fellow imprisoned IRA members declared “political prisoners.” As a result, he died in jailed at age 27. According to an interview with the film’s director, Steve McQueen, Fassbender went from 166 to 125 pounds to play Sands and gave up food for two months. “This film is about a person who, in order to be heard, didn’t eat. I knew from the beginning that we had to do it for real. What was taken away was the muscle.” And if you’ve seen 300, you know that that’s a lot of muscle.
- Liam Neeson and James Nesbitt (Jekyll) are bringing you Five Minutes in Heaven.(The Stage)
- Hugh Grant, Liz Hurley, and Arun Nayar have won £58,000 in damages for photos taken of them while on vacation.(BBC)
- Kelly Osbourne smooches her boyfriend, blond BMX biker Luke Howell.(Daily Mail)
- Take That are ready to record their second album since their comeback.(The Sun)
- Oasis has replaced Ringo Starr‘s son with Robbie Williams‘ drummer.(Digital Spy)
- Fatboy Slim is dead, but Norman Cook lives on.(Guardian)
Top 10 Posts