Gerald Butler‘s partying days are behind him. The openly Scottish actor has quit drinking, he tells The Glasgow Daily Record: “I have done a lot of partying in my life. Now, I don’t drink anymore. I quit many years ago. It was time to stop, but I did have a lot of fun back then. I stopped when I moved to London. It was hard to give up while in Scotland, where most of my friends were. When I was telling guys I was trying to stop drinking, they started to laugh. They thought it was funny and told me, ‘But we love it when you are drunk. You smash up cars, jump off buildings, and get into fights – you even try to set yourself on fire. We love that.'”
He set himself on fire? We can’t have that lovely six-pack marred by third-degree burns, now can we? Butler doesn’t fancy himself a sex symbol: “When I am filming, I don’t feel like a sex symbol, I feel I am doing my job. It is a nice compliment but you don’t want to get too caught up [with] something like that, because you don’t want to start to play towards that. I am completely, truly unaware what is sexy in a guy. It surprises me what women find sexy. I can’t imagine why a guy stripping is sexy.I don’t know what men do that is sexy.”
If the above photo is any indication, Butler doesn’t have to do much
Mad-as-hell soul singer Estelle has claimed the No. 1 spot for the second week in a row in the UK. Meanwhile, that horrific Flo Rida song “Low,” which spent an insane ten weeks atop the Billboard Hot 100, may just repeat that success in the UK: it leaps several spots to No. 2. Yikes! Thank God for “Black & Gold.” Aussie pop star Sam Sparro rides his song’s momentum into the top 5.
In other news:
- Kate Moss is in Disneyland with daughter Lila Grace.(Mirror)
- Heather Mills wants Round Two: she may take ex-husband Paul McCartney back to court to expose “secret documents about his alleged behavior during their marriage,” according to The Daily Telegraph.
- Paul couldn’t care less: he’s frolicking on the beach with his millionaire madam, Nancy Shevell.(The Sun)
- Radiohead have invited fans to upload their own remixes of the band’s single, “Nude.”(NME)
- Could you write Hollyoaks? The UK teenybopper soap is holding a competition for amateur scribes hoping to pen an episode of the show.(The Sun)
- Kevin Spacey has ripped the BBC and its reality shows for “unfair promotion” of certain West End musicals. (BBC)
- Lily Allen will have ample opportunity to get her tits out on national telly. The BBC has given her chat show a second season.
- Nicola Roberts, the ginger one in Girls Aloud, has launched a makeup line for women with pale skin. However, The Daily Mail says she has “gone too far” in her promo photo, adding that “her complexion takes on a somewhat deathly pallor.” They just don’t know: the corpse look is in! And look, the usually bitchy Sun thinks she’s purty.
- Does celebrity chef Nigella Lawson have “jumbo knees”? Damn, The Daily Mail is mean today.
- Dame Helen Mirren will play the wife of Tolstoy opposite Christopher Plummer.(Guardian)