It’s his birthday (April 18). What further excuse do we need for a wallow in some of David Tennant‘s greatest …Read Now
Did Naomi Campbell “Racially Abuse” an Airport Cop?
- Allegedly, saliva wasn’t the only thing Naomi Campbell was slinging at that cop at Heathrow: did she also spew racial slurs? If true, man, she’s in trouble. They don’t play that in the UK.(The Sun)
- A Ringo Starr statue in Liverpool has been beheaded by vandals. NME says, “There is speculation that the attack on Starr was a reaction by Liverpool residents to his comments after the opening of the European Capital Of Culture events, in which he claimed he missed nothing about the city.”
- Heather Mills has given Paul McCartney “eight pages of instructions” on what daughter Beatrice “can and can’t eat” while on holiday.(Mirror)
- The Fall frontman Mark E. Smith is being investigated by the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals for killing rare red squirrels, according to The Daily Mail. Smith boasted to Uncut Magazine recently, “Squirrels mean nothing to me. I killed a couple last weekend actually. They were eating my garden fence.” The RSPCA responded, “The comments made by Mark E. Smith are extremely irresponsible and he has basically admitted to committing an offense under the Wildlife and Countryside Act by killing two red squirrels. These animals are highly protected and anyone killing, harming or taking red squirrels from the wild is liable to prosecution and can face up to six months in prison and/or a fine of up to £20,000.” Of all the myriad things Mark E. Smith has likely done in his life, he’s going to be taken down by a damn squirrel?
- Pete Doherty‘s Babyshambles bandmates say they will stand by him. Meanwhile, it’s full speed ahead for the band’s next album: the boys are going to meet with producer Stephen Street.
- An ’80s British pop idol was beaten by “yobs” as he went to the store to pick up some milk. The Sun has a quite gruesome-looking photo.
- Is Sarah Brightman better-looking than she was 25 years ago? No, just tighter around the jowls.(Daily Mail)
- More information on Mark Speight, the children’s TV host who has gone missing: he had been spoken to by police and was seen on video surveillance in the London Underground.(BBC)
- Lindsay Duncan, who played Servilia of the Junii on Rome, will play Margaret Thatcher in a TV movie.(BBC)
- The Independent enjoys five frost-free minutes in heaven with Nip/Tuck actress Joely Richardson. She says a common misperception of her is that she’s “icy. It’s very difficult when there are pictures taken on the red carpet. I find those things so terrifying that another persona just kicks in. I don’t recognize myself.”
- Who belted Calum Best?(Daily Mail)
- Staged?: David Beckham gets a ticket in L.A.(The Sun)
- While Americans have already witnessed a slew of 9/11 films; the Brits are just getting around to doing their first film on 7/7, which will star Brian Cox.(Guardian)