Latest in Anglophenia Video SeriesView All Episodes
The Latest from Mind The Gap
In the middle of his road trip across America, British filmmaker James Coulson decided he’d seen enough—and applied for U.S. …Read Now
Well, it’s that time of year again when post-Christmas wallets are weighed up and paperwork is gathered for the filing …Read Now
It is said that a positive review from British restaurant critic Giles Coren can be worth $1 million to an …Read Now
- Would Girls Aloud‘s Cheryl Cole – who is featured on Will.i.am‘s single, “Heartbreaker” – replace Fergie in Black Eyed Peas if she decides to go solo permanently? Will.i.am says, “If we didn’t [have] Fergie, [Cole] would be in the Peas – that’s how cool she is.”
- Is Amy Winehouse‘s jailed hubby demanding a divorce and a £3 million payout for Amy’s alleged infidelity?(The Sun)
- Luke Pritchard of The Kooks envies the critical acclaim bestowed upon Arctic Monkeys: “I think we’re incredibly similar bands in a lot of ways. Very different lyrics, and musically quite different, but we’re similar in the [unconditional] way that people like us. We’re both young, both all about the songs and both about – just getting on with it. But Arctic Monkeys are treated like princes and held up as the new great iconic British band, while we’re almost giggled at.” Snort.
- Coldplay‘s Chris Martin lobs some fighting words at Noel Gallagher over the Oasis guitarist’s remarks about Jay-Z headlining Glastonbury. “We recently came back to England to find all this all this hoo-hah, grandpas complaining about things they don’t know about. Coldplay not playing and Jay-Z playing is exactly what needs to happen for the world. He’s the best rapper in the world.” Meanwhile, Grandpa Noel just keeps a-flappin’ those gums.
- Photos: Princess Beatrice frolics in the ocean with her American boy.
- Freema Agyeman says her departure from Doctor Who wasn’t sparked by some backstage row with David Tennant, as has been rumored. “Oh my God, I’d never heard that! David and I are very different people – we listen to different music, we like different things – but I think that can be a good thing, and was part of the reason I got the job. David was always someone I could learn from, somebody I could ask questions. He made me feel completely welcome from day one. I’m really upset that people think we didn’t get on.”(Telegraph)
- Whitesnake frontman David Coverdale, old as Methuseleh and still flashing cleavage in The Independent.
- Stereogum brings us the new Guillemots video.
- My Family‘s Kris Marshall is out of intensive care and is expected to be back in rehearsals on Thursday. BBC NEWS has an interview with Robert Webb (Peep Show) and Ella Smith, Marshall’s co-stars in the West End play Fat Pig.
- Actor Benedict Cumberbatch talks about his Dickensian name: “When I started, I just assumed I couldn’t be called Benedict Cumberbatch. But then, one day, I told someone in the business what I was really called and they said, ‘That’s great, that’s something you can use to stand out.'”(Guardian)
- Hollyoaks‘ Emma Rigby (Hannah), Guy Burnet (Craig), Gemma Bissix (Clare), Ellis Hollins (Tom), Max Littler (Max), and Darren Jon Jeffries (OB) are all shortlisted for British Soap Awards.
View all posts by Kevin Wicks.