It must be pretty cool being Maisie Williams these days. The young actress has one of the best gigs in town starring …Read Now
Chanelle: Sex Tape or Epileptic Seizure? You Be the Judge.
- A British TV tart is involved in a “sex tape” scandal. Except there’s no sex to be seen. As The Sun reports, Big Brother star Chanelle, “the poor man’s Posh, appears to be cavorting on all fours dressed in slinky underwear before spanking her bottom and wiggling for the camera. Although the lights are dimmed, viewers see Chanelle pout for the camera, lie down on the bed, and breathe heavily a few times before the 40-second clip abruptly ends.”
- David and Victoria Beckham‘s son Cruz flashes a one-fingered peace sign.(The Sun)
- The judge in J.K. Rowling‘s copyright case finds Harry Potter to be “gibberish.”(Telegraph)
- Harry Potter‘s Emma Watson has signed on to replace Scarlett Johansson in the period drama Napoleon and Betsy.(Guardian)
- Catherine Tate is actually quite delightful as Doctor Who‘s sidekick, says The Times‘ Caitlin Moran: “The main beneficiary of her enrollment has been the atmosphere in the Tardis. It is unexpectedly pleasant to be, once again, in a time traveling wardrobe free of sexual tension.”
- Amy Winehouse: watercolors are the new crack.(Mirror)
- Has Pete Doherty been moved to a more secure cell due to threats from other prisoners? “Sources told the Lite the reason for the planned attack is that Doherty owes other inmates money and is begging ex-girlfriend Kate Moss to come up with the cash.”(Daily Mail)
- British rapper Dizzee Rascal responds to the Jay-Z Glastonbury controversy on BBC Radio: “I don’t know if Jay-Z has got that cross over element. Kanye West or Eminem, they’ve both got that. Jay-Z is a bit of a funny one.”
- Look who’s back on the American charts: Annie Lennox, riding an Idol Gives Back high, enters the Hot 100 at No. 80 with her remake of Jimmy Cliff‘s “Many Rivers to Cross.”(Yahoo!)
- Courtney Love canoodles with Mighty Boosh star Noel Fielding.(The Sun)
- The Guardian‘s Alexis Petridis reviews the debut album from Alex Turner and Miles Kane‘s new side project, The Last Shadow Puppet. Petridis says that, while the record steals a little too liberally from Scott Walker, “It’s an album that bounds out of the speakers, grabs you by the arm and starts yelling about the fantastic records it’s been listening to recently. Even if you heard those same records years ago, it’s hard not to find that kind of enthusiasm infectious.” Hey, it’s something to tide you over until the next Arctic Monkeys record.
- Is the “great British breakfast” killing the UK working class? A German immune biologist tells The Times that those yummy sausages are quite simply death on a plate: “There’s no proper carbohydrate. There’s tinned baked beans, tinned tomatoes, more long-life food, more bacterial activity. And your English sausages are full of I don’t know what. It’s just what a butcher sweeps from the floor at night. A European will not eat these. In Europe a sausage is 90 per cent meat. I grew up eating good wurst like this. And rye bread. That’s what you need to eat. To make a technical term: the English breakfast is full of rubbish.”