- So producers are remaking Spaced for American TV. The problem? No one told Simon Pegg, star and co-creator of the original. And he is pissed: “My main problem is the sheer lack of respect…selling out and appropriating our ideas without even letting us know. It’s a decision I can only presume was made as a way of avoiding having to give us any money.”(The Sun)
- So You Think You Can Dance? host Cat Deeley says something I actually agree: American TV is too manicured: “It all looks a bit Stepford over here. It’s very professional, but it’s as though the personality has been taken away from it.”(Mirror)
- Carl Barat and Pete Doherty are writing a rock musical together, raising hopes for a Libertines reunion.(BBC)
- Barring any unforeseen drama, Amy Winehouse may actually play the V Festival in the UK this summer.(Mirror)
- At least this time the drama was off-stage: fans at Winehouse’s Paris concert got into a brawl.(The Sun)
- Hot Chip and The Young Knives talk about the “geek rock” label.(The Times)
- Girls Aloud singer Nadine Coyle has put down roots in California, even buying her own Mexican restaurant in Newport Beach: “LA is my home now and the UK is where I work. I don’t see the UK as home any more because all my family are in the States.”(Mirror)
- Chris Fountain, Justin from Hollyoaks, admits he had a one-night stand with a Big Brother babe, but he’s “disgusted” she went to the tabloids about it.
- Hollyoaks actress Summer Strallen made her West End debut last night.(BBC)
- The Paul Potts story could become a film, thanks to Simon Cowell.
- God bless Pfizer: Cowell was “insulted” when asked to become “the face of Viagra.”(Entertainmentwise)
- The Times offers four free downloads from “the new Sade,” Nigerian-born, UK-based Nayo.
Latest in Anglophenia Video SeriesView All Episodes
The Latest from Mind The Gap
Although it’s all one, big United States of America, there are some differences between the states to bear in mind […]Read Now
As we know, this country is huge and varied, so a real bucket list could fill a book. However, there […]Read Now