- So producers are remaking Spaced for American TV. The problem? No one told Simon Pegg, star and co-creator of the original. And he is pissed: “My main problem is the sheer lack of respect…selling out and appropriating our ideas without even letting us know. It’s a decision I can only presume was made as a way of avoiding having to give us any money.”(The Sun)
- So You Think You Can Dance? host Cat Deeley says something I actually agree: American TV is too manicured: “It all looks a bit Stepford over here. It’s very professional, but it’s as though the personality has been taken away from it.”(Mirror)
- Carl Barat and Pete Doherty are writing a rock musical together, raising hopes for a Libertines reunion.(BBC)
- Barring any unforeseen drama, Amy Winehouse may actually play the V Festival in the UK this summer.(Mirror)
- At least this time the drama was off-stage: fans at Winehouse’s Paris concert got into a brawl.(The Sun)
- Hot Chip and The Young Knives talk about the “geek rock” label.(The Times)
- Girls Aloud singer Nadine Coyle has put down roots in California, even buying her own Mexican restaurant in Newport Beach: “LA is my home now and the UK is where I work. I don’t see the UK as home any more because all my family are in the States.”(Mirror)
- Chris Fountain, Justin from Hollyoaks, admits he had a one-night stand with a Big Brother babe, but he’s “disgusted” she went to the tabloids about it.
- Hollyoaks actress Summer Strallen made her West End debut last night.(BBC)
- The Paul Potts story could become a film, thanks to Simon Cowell.
- God bless Pfizer: Cowell was “insulted” when asked to become “the face of Viagra.”(Entertainmentwise)
- The Times offers four free downloads from “the new Sade,” Nigerian-born, UK-based Nayo.
Top 10 Posts