- The Guardian‘s hotel reviewer has selected the top best hotels in London. The Yotel Heathrow Airport – yes, that’s yotel – is No. 1. “Its revolutionary cabin concept is modelled on first-class aeroplane accommodation, with a choice of Standard or Premium cabins bookable for a whole night (if your flight is cancelled, for example) or in four-hour segments if you just want a power nap and freshen-up.” Gotta say, that’s kinda awesome. By the way, methinks The Guardian website has had a wee bit of a re-design…
- If you’re looking for a lengthier stay in Britain, The Times offers the 20 best places to buy property in the UK. College towns seem to be the most “recession-proof,” with Cambridge, York, and Oxford topping the list.
- Wanna plan a day out with the kids in the UK? The Times lists the 50 best “days-out” in the country. No. 1 is literally a wild goose chase.
- Meanwhile, McCartney-Mills might beat the WGA in signing an actual deal. Paul McCartney has even made nice with Heather Mills’ personal trainer.
- Heather has been nominated for Celebrity Mum of the Year.(Mirror)
- Just days after Jerry Hall‘s commando performance, the Coochie Cam caught Jemima Khan.(Daily Mail)
- Wow, UK site Holy Moly has vowed to censor some paparazzi shots, especially of Britney Spears. “It’s not funny any more and to get any sort of pleasure out of it feels a bit seedy,” says Holy Moly’s editor, who wishes to remain anonymous. “For me it was when Britney came out of rehab, that was the one that really worried me.”(BBC)
- Brian Ferry‘s son Otis has been cleared of criminal damage charges against paparazzi, who alleged Ferry snatched and threw away their car keys. The paps had reportedly been pursuing Ferry’s pal, actress Sienna Miller.(BBC)
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin could be the next celebrity couple to adopt. Instead of Malawi, they are going baby shopping in that well-known Third World metropolis, Brooklyn, New York.(Mirror)
- The Daily Mail moralizes about actress Tilda Swinton‘s open marriage. Her companion to the BAFTAs was 29-year-old Sandro Kopp, who “escorted her to the dinner held after the awards at the Grosvenor House hotel in London and remained with her until the early hours. Meanwhile, 68-year-old John Byrne, her partner of 18 years, stayed at home in the north of Scotland, looking after the couple’s ten-year-old twins Xavier and Honor.”
- Emma Watson, sweet little Hermione from Harry Potter, has been photographed out-and-about with bad boy rocker Johnny Borrell (a.k.a. Kirsten Dunst‘s smelly, kebab-eating ex).(Daily Mail)
- Legendary thespian Simon Callow gives his advice to aspiring actors – and really, people who just want to be happy and fulfilled in life. “Endurance is an indispensable quality, as is an ability to live with rejection. If it’s a glamorous, sexy, highly paid life you’re after, forget it. The only thing that will get you through, the only reason you should even think about it, is need – the need to act, the certainty that if you don’t give yourself over to acting completely, you aren’t really alive. Then you might, just might, be in with a chance.”(The Times)
- Miranda Richardson – you may have heard of her – also chimes in: “You have to look after yourself – make choices that you can live with, and do other things: fallow time is just as important as working. Find things that make you calm. And every now and then choose something that really frightens you.” (The Times)
Latest in Anglophenia Video SeriesView All Episodes
The Latest from Mind The Gap
Although it’s all one, big United States of America, there are some differences between the states to bear in mind […]Read Now
As we know, this country is huge and varied, so a real bucket list could fill a book. However, there […]Read Now