Brenda Blethyn returns to the U.S. in season five of Vera on Monday, July 6, and she’s asking all the …Read Now
Who Wants To Be John Cleese’s Fourth Wife? Any Volunteers?
- Comic legend John Cleese is divorcing his wife of 19 years, Alyce Faye Eichelberger. It was his third marriage. (Telegraph)
- Torchwood writer-producer Chris Chibnall has been named executive producer of Law & Order: London.(Digital Spy)
- The State Within star and Golden Globe nominee Jason Isaacs tells The Guardian that appearing in the 2003 box-office turkey Peter Pan nearly killed his career. “I was in ‘Hollywood jail’ – nobody would touch me because I had been at the centre of this very expensive flop.”
- ITV’s new shows Echo Beach and Moving Wallpaper have a novel concept. Moving Wallpaper is a sitcom about the fictional behind-the-scenes drama on the set of a soap. That soap, titled Echo Beach, will also air as its own standalone show. Get it? ITV is banking on this concept working wonders for the struggling UK broadcaster. Also: meet Echo Beach‘s cast.
- X Factor winner Leon Jackson wants a date with Hollyoaks star Emma Rigby, who plays Hannah.(Digital Spy)
- What ever happened to the cast of The History Boys? Well, they’ve been dreadfully busy, and The Daily Telegraph tells us what they’ve been up to.
- Take That frontman Gary Barlow will write songs for a new TV series. Britannia High, the UK’s answer to Fame, takes place in a Manchester performing arts high school.
- Jamie Oliver has apologized to Sainsbury’s for criticizing the supermarket chain’s lack of involvement in his chicken farming exposé.(Guardian)
- Actor Sam Riley, who played Ian Curtis in Control to rave reviews, says he doesn’t believe the hype.(The Times)
- Londonist brings us the top ten pubs in London.