At Cannes, Emily Blunt has made a positive impression on audiences and critics with her role as a principled FBI …Read Now
Video: Mark Ronson Denies He’s Romancing the Winehouse, Sounds Iffy on Grammy Performance
- Even though I don’t always approve of Mark Ronson‘s work, I will admit he is usually quite dishy and dapper. Maybe The Mirror got him at a bad moment. Wearing sunglasses and an oversized overcoat, a slurry, sleep-deprived Ronson yawns his way through a video interview with the paper. The Mirror’s Beth Hardie does manage to get some content out of the little sit-down: Ronson denies reports he’s dating longtime collaborator Amy Winehouse and says that he and Amy aren’t even working on new material yet. However, he says he and Amy will be performing on the Grammys, if – and that’s a big if – Amy decides to put the pipe down and drag her peroxide arse to America.
- Police will “assess” that Amy Winehouse video posted to The Sun website, according to BBC NEWS.
- Mitch Winehouse speaks to The Sun: “Your video of Amy taking drugs may well be the best thing that has ever happened to her. Of course it kills me to see my daughter on the front page of your newspaper like that. It’s nothing short of devastating – thinking she wants to destroy herself. She’ll be heartbroken about it all. But for all the hurt and pain, it may finally be the thing to focus her mind and convince her to get the help she needs to quit for good.”
- Lily Allen and boyfriend Ed Simons regroup after tragedy.(Daily Mail)
- Alison Moyet and Erasure‘s Vince Clarke will reform Yazoo (or Yaz, if you’re American). Too bad it’s only for a UK tour.(BBC)
- Who’s responsible for Madonna‘s black eye, and does he or she get the Medal of Honor for the good deed?(Mirror)
- Mika allegedly whacked his guitarist on the ear for hitting a bum note during a live show.(Mirror)
- XFM has “uncovered a classic Morrissey interview,” which is actually from just four years ago.
- The Spice Girls have made over $20 million apiece from their sold-out London shows.(Daily Mail)
- Hot Chip will release their cover of Snoop Dogg‘s “Sensual Seduction” as a single.(NME)
- Adele has done a live version of The Strokes‘ “Last Night,” which you can hear on BBC Radio 1’s Live Lounge website.
- Billy Bragg joined Kate Nash on stage for a performance of “A New England” in Australia.(NME)