Latest in Anglophenia Video SeriesView All Episodes
The Latest from Mind The Gap
In the middle of his road trip across America, British filmmaker James Coulson decided he’d seen enough—and applied for U.S. …Read Now
Well, it’s that time of year again when post-Christmas wallets are weighed up and paperwork is gathered for the filing …Read Now
It is said that a positive review from British restaurant critic Giles Coren can be worth $1 million to an …Read Now
- The Mirror is reporting that Cheryl Cole has left her husband Ashley: “Cheryl needs some time apart from Ashley. She is going away for a few days so she can decide what to do.”
- Oscar nominee Julie Christie has secretly married her longtime partner Duncan Campbell in India, it has been revealed.
- Which Jamaican city will this one be named after?: Gwen Stefani is pregnant with her second child with British hubby Gavin Rossdale.(Mirror)
- Sir Paul McCartney says reports that he had heart surgery were false. “There was a minor irregularity which I needed to have tests for and which I have now been assured is completely fine.” However, he jokes: “I have secretly been enjoying all the sympathy.”(BBC)
- Russell Brand “just whipped out his Johnson and took a whaz into this beaker.”(The Sun)
- David Beckham has a naked Posh Spice emblazoned on his chest and stars tattooed on his forearm.
- Like the rest of us, Peter Andre thought Jordan looked like an over-inflated blow-up doll when he first met her: “I don’t mean she wasn’t pretty. But fake breasts and blonde hair wasn’t what I’d normally go for.” Hmmm, I wonder what changed his mind. Andre explains: “However, after a few nights alone with her I soon knew what all the fuss was about.”(Digital Spy)
- Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson is “an unlikely sex symbol.”(The Sun)
- Off The Telly lists the top 50 most-watched programs since 2000 in the UK. Episodes of EastEnders and Coronation Street take up twelve of the top 20 spots. A 2001 Christmas special of Only Fools and Horses tops the list; an estimated 21.4 million watched it.
- Saucy British teen drama Skins will premiere online on MySpace TV before it airs on television.(Digital Spy)
- Prehistoric sci-fi drama Primeval will have a third season.(Guardian)
- Vernon Kay, who briefly annoyed American audiences as host of Hit Me Baby One More Time, has signed a $4 million deal with ITV.(The Sun)
- JK Rowling: breaking up with Harry Potter was harder than breaking up with my husband. Well, Wizard Boy was a much more lucrative partner, no?
View all posts by Kevin Wicks.