Latest in Anglophenia Video SeriesView All Episodes
The Latest from Mind The Gap
In the middle of his road trip across America, British filmmaker James Coulson decided he’d seen enough—and applied for U.S. …Read Now
Well, it’s that time of year again when post-Christmas wallets are weighed up and paperwork is gathered for the filing …Read Now
It is said that a positive review from British restaurant critic Giles Coren can be worth $1 million to an …Read Now
- Paul McCartney‘s daughter Stella has given birth to her third child, a boy named Beckett Robert Lee Willis.(Daily Mail)
- Why was Liverpool chosen as the European cultural capital? “Liverpool’s cultural strengths include the largest collection of Grade II-listed buildings outside London, one of the best collections of European art outside London – and of course its status as the birthplace of the Beatles.”(BBC)
- Speaking of the Beatles, Ringo Starr will perform to kick off the year of celebrations in Liverpool.(The Times)
- The six best British football venues, according to The Guardian‘s Scott Murray.
- David Cameron‘s Morrissey-inspired photo-op in front of the Salford Lads Club was derailed by protesters.(NME)
- Attention prospective Cambridge applicants: that Facebook photo of you snorting vodka in Cancún could be seen by admissions officers.(Guardian)
- The last movie Dizzee Rascal saw was Enchanted?!?!?!(The Independent)
- Dizzee also reveals that he and Blur bassist Alex James are cheese buddies. “Yeah, big up him (Alex), he gave me some cheese yeah,” Dizzee told Radio 1. “He sent me some cheese to check, nuff respect to that.”(NME)
- KT Tunstall and her drummer Luke Bullen are engaged.(The Sun)
- Troubled Sugababes singer Amelle Berrabah has been arrested on “suspicion of causing criminal damage and a public order offense” for allegedly going Britney on a car. The Sun says she was visiting boyfriend Freddie Fuller when the incident occurred.
- Could Amy Winehouse‘s alleged drug habit keep her from securing a U.S. visa before the Grammys?(The Sun)
- Amy is videotaped stealing candy from a London deli. Wouldn’t it be hilarious if that’s what gets her sent to the slammer and not her other, erm, “activities”? (Page Six)
- The Guardian‘s Caroline Sullivan looks at all the “strong female voices” that will hit British music this year.
- British tennis star Andy Murray has put on some serious muscle, as this shirtless shot in The Daily Mail shows.
- Kate Middleton and family went out to celebrate Kate’s 26th birthday; Prince William was a no-show.(Daily Mail)
View all posts by Kevin Wicks.