While the news of Downton Abbey coming to an end may still be sinking in, there is something we should all remember: there …Read Now
Life Is Better in the UK…Only If You Don’t Have To Spend Money
- Quality of life in the UK is expected to rise above that of the U.S., according to a report cited by The Times of London: “It says that GDP per head in Britain will be £23,500 this year, compared with £23,250 in America, reflecting not only the strength of the pound against the dollar but also the UK economy’s record run of growth and rising incomes going back to the early 1990s.” However, this fails to take into account the exorbitant cost of living in the UK, home of the $10 KFC value meal.
- The Daily Telegraph lists the 50 Most Influential Britons in America. They are listing 10 picks a day this week. BBC World News America Washington Correspondent Katty Kay comes in at No. 49.
- So Princess Diana and Dodi Al-Fayed weren’t actually romantically involved at the time of their deaths?(Telegraph)
- Daniel Day-Lewis keeps on racking up the critics’ awards for There Will Be Blood.(BBC)
- Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez is full of bons mots. First, he calls the Leader of the Free World “the devil,” and now he’s pointed his forked tongue at Duchess Camilla. in a GQ interview with Naomi Campbell (!), Mr. Chavez said, “I like the Prince. Now he has Camilla, his new girl. She’s not as attractive, is she?”(Telegraph)
- David Beckham says there are “three people I’d trust with my wife naked.” And he lists them.One is Manchester United player Gary Neville.(The Sun)
- The Bizarre’s Gordon Smart reckons Jordan got a nose job to go along with her breast reduction.(The Sun)
- Jack Tweed, Jade Goody‘s boytoy, is in court over an alleged 2006 beating of a teenager with a golf club.(Daily Mail)
- In totally effin’ insane news, pregnant Atomic Kitten singer Kerry Katona claims that her mother-in-law, 59-year-old Marilyn Croft, viciously attacked her on New Year’s Eve. She told yesterday’s People.co.uk about the violent confrontation: “She smacked me full force across the face and I fell. God knows how I didn’t hit my bump. When I got up I had a bright red palm print on my face and I shouted for Mark [Katona’s husband] and told him ‘Your Mum just hit me’. He went ballistic and asked her what the hell she was doing hitting a pregnant woman. But Marilyn just said ‘It’s all that Kerry Katona’s fault’ talking about me as if I was a stranger. She went home and I went to bed in shock. The next day I was still so stressed I had to have the midwife out to check the baby.”
- Gap-toothed pop idol Gareth Gates, singer Samantha Mumba, and Prince Harry‘s mate Natalie Pinkham are set to appear on this season’s Dancing On Ice.(Daily Mail)
- Chef Jamie Oliver is “upset” that Sainsbury Supermarkets, his sponsor, chickened out on his exposé on poultry farming.(Mirror)