Radio Times came up with an inspired way to mark the decade since the new series of Doctor Who started. …Read Now
Ian McKellen Blogs About His Late Apt Pupil Co-star, Brad Renfro
- Sir Ian McKellen has written a blog post about his Apt Pupil co-star Brad Renfro, who died unexpectedly earlier this week at age 25. “I first caught sight of Brad Renfro when he was kicking a football around with Bryan Singer on the half-built set of Apt Pupil in Hollywood. He was a kid having fun and that’s how I shall always remember him.”
- I actually don’t think a shirtless Pierce Brosnan looks that bad here, even though TMZ makes a dig about his love handles.
- James Marsters‘ girlfriend liked seeing her man get it on with John Barrowman on Torchwood. “I had never kissed a man on film before, but my girlfriend said it was always a fantasy of hers that I would kiss another man.” Note that he says he never kissed a man on film before. Hot hot hot.(The Sun)
- EastEnders actor Rob Kazinsky – who plays Lothario Sean Slater on the BBC soap – is following in Michelle Ryan‘s footsteps. He “has reportedly been taken on by Brad Pitt‘s agent who has high hopes for him in Hollywood,” according to Digital Spy.
- British children’s TV actor Isaac Blake “lost four out of five claims” in his unfair dismissal suit against Ragdoll Productions. Blake played a “colorful Tombliboo character” on In the Night Garden but was fired in 2006. The tribunal dismissed most of his accusations, but it “found in Mr. Blake’s favor over claims that he was twice called ‘faggot’. He was awarded £2,000,” according to The Times.
- Could the BBC’s license fee be shared with other UK broadcasters?(Guardian)
- The Guardian‘s Gareth McLean isn’t happy that Marc Warren has taken over for Ken Stott in Messiah. “Since the success of State of Play, he’s never off the bloody telly. Now, I don’t question Warren’s caliber as an actor – I actually quite like him, even though he’s a bit spooky-looking – but such shallow casting is a bugbear of mine. And it’s especially infuriating when you hear the same drama commissioners who demand ‘names’ in dramas beseeching writers to be audacious and daring and courageous. Physicians, heal thyselves, methinks.”
- Viva Blackpool star Sarah Parish is expecting her first child with husband James Murray, reports The Daily Mail.
- Instead of honoring the accomplishments of the BBC’s long-running female newscasters, The Daily Mail focuses on how old they look compared to their nubile, younger selves.
- TV reality shows have increased attendance in London’s theaters.(The Times)
- Liverpool footballer Steven Gerrard showed up at a costume party as an elderly man, complete with a prosthetic face and a motor scooter. Meanwhile, teammate Jamie Carragher came dressed as X Factor belter Rhydian.
- Here are the 10 finalists for “Best Fish and Chips Shop in the UK.”(The Times)