While the news of Downton Abbey coming to an end may still be sinking in, there is something we should all remember: there …Read Now
British Movies Suck, Long Live British Movies!
- Britain has 23 entries at this year’s Sundance. The Independent heralds this as a “new wave” of British filmmaking.
- Ricky Gervais, however, says “the English just aren’t good at making films. It goes from gritty gangster films to everyone acting like something out of Jane Eyre. I don’t want to be a part of those things.”
- Ricky Gervais lists his favorite places to vacation. His no. 1? “Italy – the last few times I’ve been I’ve stayed on the Amalfi Coast around Sorrento. I love it. You’ve got to be careful eating in France, things come with eyes and legs. In Italy, it’s all pizza and pasta.”(The Times)
- The Office star Martin Freeman talks about his role in the film The Good Night, which features an A-list cast (Gwyneth Paltrow, Penelope Cruz, Danny DeVito, Simon Pegg). Freeman says he wasn’t bothered. “What I really care about is, are people good? Penelope Cruz is a fantastic actor, Gwyneth Paltrow is a fantastic actor, Simon (Pegg), one of the best things we’ve got and Danny DeVito, I mean please, enough already.”(BBC)
- Does James McAvoy actually have a shot at winning the BAFTA against Daniel Day-Lewis?(Scotsman)
- BBC and UKTV ask viewers “What was the funniest decade of British comedy?”(The Stage)
- OK, Keeley Hawes has THE worst hair ever on Ashes To Ashes.(The Stage)
- The new Messiah, Hustle star Marc Warren, talks to the Manchester Evening News about taking on Ken Stott‘s role. “It was strange because Ken is a great mate of mine. He was a sort of mentor to me. I sent Ken a text actually, pretty early on. I said how easy he made it look, which he does. It is a responsibility, but it’s one I’m ready to take on.”
- Armando Iannucci, producer of The Thick Of It, plans to make a satirical movie about “politics in both Britain and America.”(Chortle)
- Top Gun Prince William survives his first “solo” flight.(Daily Mail)