Ashley Cole Scandal Takes An Ugly Turn
That story about Ashley Cole allegedly cheating on his wife Cheryl Cole took a very Footballers Wive$ twist over the weekend: Aimee Walton, the “other woman,” is now claiming she’s “pregnant” and says Ashley Cole’s “representative” offered her cash for an abortion. “He offered to pay for an abortion and said I could go on a holiday with my son. I felt sick,” she tells The Sun. The Daily Mail is reporting that two more women have come forward and said they had affairs with Cole: “It has now emerged that another blonde, model Brooke Healy, says she slept with Cole five months after his wedding. It has also been claimed that a third woman, Coralie Robinson, was paid hush money of £10,000 after having sex with Cole in 2004 – the year he got engaged.”
Not surprisingly, Cheryl Cole’s family wants her to kick Ashley to the curb. A “family member” told The Mirror: “If all of this turns out to be true, where does that leave Cheryl? Married to a man who cannot be trusted. If Ashley has been unfaithful once, who’s to say it won’t happen again? If that’s the case, she should just walk away now before he gets another chance to hurt her.”
Cheryl isn’t the only Girl facing heartbreak today: now there’s word that Nadine Coyle and Jesse Metcalfe have split (for the umpteenth time).
The upshot: I predict their next release will be their “Dark Album,” their Blood On the Tracks, their Hotel California. It’ll sell a gazillion copies, break them in the States, and Nadine will emerge as the latter-day Tina Turner we all knew she was. Who’s calling the shots now, b***h?
Watch the video
In other news:
- Amy Winehouse, who received a visit from Matt Lucas in rehab yesterday, is “delighting doctors with her progress,” reports The Sun. A source tells the paper, “She has been ill and is withdrawing but at least she is sticking with it as she detoxes. With her family’s support we are hopeful that there is finally light at the end of the tunnel as she weans herself off drugs. She will stay in rehab for as long as it takes even if it is three or four weeks.” Um, three or four weeks? Doesn’t that mean she might miss the Grammys?
- Georgette Fielder-Civil has sent her son Blake Fielder-Civil‘s private correspondence with Amy to the News of the World. Provides some insight into Blake’s pathology, doesn’t it? As they say in the South, he didn’t have anywhere to get sense from…(MTV)
- Adele, a.k.a. “the new Amy Winehouse,” does an interview with The Guardian in which she admits to loving Celine Dion (“She’s got proper ballads!”).
- Morrissey is sick again; he’s postponed two London shows. NME is reporting that “the former frontman encountered major problems during his set at the Roundhouse last night, bringing the curtain down after just a few songs.”
- Foals frontman Yannis Philippakis has a very un-indie attitude about commercial success: “I like Gwen Stefani but then I like stuff that will only sell three records. I won’t not listen to something because it’s commercial. That’s a weird idea that you enjoy a band but then the moment they become more palatable to more people all of a sudden they’re not as cool. There’s something almost elitist about it, like you’re only into bands that are part of some secret Masonic thing – free masonry – secret handshake, the way you fold your letter when you send your demo to the press. Popularity’s good, it means we get to eat, otherwise we’d be washing dishes – the more pop kids that like our music the better.”(NME)
- There’s a more extensive interview with Foals in The Independent.
- Ali Campbell‘s former UB40 bandmates call him out in today’s Times, calling his departure a craven play for a solo career. A spokesperson read the band’s statement: “Ali seems to have forgotten that he has at all times been involved in this process. It’s also somewhat puzzling that the other members don’t have any issues over any decisions.Ali made a very simple decision: he chose to pursue and put his solo career over and above continuing to work with UB40.”