It must be pretty cool being Maisie Williams these days. The young actress has one of the best gigs in town starring …Read Now
Tim Roth: “I Think Britain Is a Disgusting Wreck of a Place…I Will Never Move Back There.”
- Actor Tim Roth practically disowns his birth nation in The Times: “I’m not patriotic. I think my country is a disgusting wreck of a place…I will never move back there.” At least he didn’t mention anything about “floodgates” or accents in Knightsbridge.
- The Sun has the “exclusive” trailer of Simon Pegg in the film adaptation of How To Lose Friends and Alienate People. It’s being promoted as a Ben Stiller-esque goofball comedy.
- Three BBC journalists were attacked in Moscow in separate incidents. (Guardian)
- Sir Paul McCartney has introduced girlfriend Rosanna Arquette to his daughter Beatrice. (The Sun)
- Madonna and Guy Ritchie speak to their adopted son in three languages – French, English, and Chichewa, the native language of Malawi.(The Sun)
- Charlotte Church has barred boyfriend Gavin Henson from drinking, The Sun reports, because of his recent boozy shenanigans on a train.
- Buzzed-about sitcom Gavin and Stacey won three gongs at last night’s British Comedy Awards but lost Best Comedy to Peep Show. Peep Show star David Mitchell won Best Comedy Actor.(The Independent)
- Host Jonathan Ross‘ controversial jokes about missing child Madeleine McCann and British teacher Gillian Gibbons struck a nerve at last night’s ceremony. (Daily Mail)
- X Factor favorite Rhydian is “straight” and “a virgin,” he insists.(Digital Spy)
- Rhydian is ripped, as evidenced by a photo in The Sun. One would say that no straight man spends that much time in the gym, but today, my Yorkshire-based cohort Mark Simpson writes a very persuasive article about how gym culture has changed modern masculinity: “A generation of young males have been reared on irresistibly – and frequently chemically – lean and muscular images of the male body in sport, advertising, magazines, movies and telly, even in the cartoons they watch and the computer games or toy dolls (or ‘action figures’) they play with. It seems all that’s left of masculinity in a post industrial, post paternal world, apart from a science-fiction-sized penis, or a right foot good enough to get you into the Premier League, is a hot bod.”
- Fashion designer Ozwald Boateng and UK Apprentice winner Tim Campbell “are to lead a hunt for successful black role models to counter the influence on youngsters of rap stars and gang culture.”(Scotsman)
- As previously reported, Billie Piper and Laurence Fox will wed on New Year’s Eve – and they will have their reception at a pub owned by Chris Evans, Piper’s ex-husband.(Daily Mail)