Broadchurch star Olivia Colman is set to star in the film adaptation of 2011’s National Theatre’s stage production of London Road. …Read Now
Sir Paul McCartney Says Major Label Treated Him Like “Furniture”
- Sir Paul McCartney, who is now on the Starbucks label, tells The Times he found former label EMI “boring”: “Everybody at EMI had become a part of the furniture. I’d be a couch; Coldplay are an armchair. And Robbie Williams, I dread to think what he was. But the most important thing was, I’d felt [the people at EMI] had become really very boring, y’know? And I dreaded going to see them.”
- Will Robert Plant and Alison Krauss‘ imminent tour effectively kill any further Led Zeppelin reunion concerts?(BBC)
- No Pink Floyd‘s not getting back together, says David Gilmour.
- Lily Allen and Mark Ronson are pals again, Ronson tells The Mirror.
- Kinda like Mardi Gras before Lent – or the calm before the DTs: Amy Winehouse plans a “festive season binge” before committing to an Israeli rehab center. Glad to see her full of holiday spirit!(The Sun)
- Ringo Starr offers well wishes to Amy and Pete Doherty as they fight addictions.(The Sun)
- Steven Wells writes about the state of British “alt.pop” in The Guardian, referencing “Morrisseygate,” the new Britbox compilation, and yes, the recent hullabaloo about indie rock not being “black” enough.
- Leona Lewis and boyfriend Lou Al-Chamaa will spend a romantic New Year’s in the Caribbean – with her bosses from Sony BMG as unlikely chaperones.(The Sun)
- Blue-eyed soul singer Joe Cocker received his OBE yesterday.(Mirror)