It must be pretty cool being Maisie Williams these days. The young actress has one of the best gigs in town starring …Read Now
Russell T. Davies Says BBC May Edit Torchwood For Kids, But the Same-Sex Kisses Stay In!
- BBC2 will air an edited version of Torchwood for younger viewers, but Russell T. Davies was adamant that same-sex kissing NOT be removed. Good for him! By the way, there’s a lengthy discussion thread on BBCA’s Torchwood board about the same-sex intimacy on the show. It’s worth browsing.
- David Beckham‘s OCD is flaring up now that Victoria‘s on tour with The Spice Girls.(Mirror)
- Hottie of the year Lewis Hamilton turns up on Top Gear. (The Sun)
- The Daily Telegraph releases its “Who’s Who” list of people who are “shaking up the cultural world.” The list includes Damian Lewis, Joseph Fiennes, Tom Wilkinson, Stella McCartney, Kate Moss, Mario Testino, Armando Iannucci, and Top Gear presenter Richard Hammond.
- Eva Green is interviewed in The Guardian about The Golden Compass, which, despite Daniel Craig, I have no interest in seeing because it features The Pointy One. By the way, Kidman’s character in the film is named Mrs. Coutler. Funny, because I think the perfect part for her would be Ann Coulter.
- Trouble over at X Factor: “Dannii Minogue stormed out of the X Factor studio in tears after a raging row with Louis Walsh. The judges clashed as cheeky Louis blasted Dannii for saying his finalist Niki Evans had sung out of tune. Dannii, 36, told the hopeful: ‘I watched the tape from last week and you were completely out of tune.’ But raging Irishman Louis, 55, hit back live on air by taking a pop at the Aussie star’s own voice, saying: “Dannii, singing out of tune? Ho ho!” OK, I have to give Mr. Walsh some props ‘cuz that is hilarious. And I like Dannii Minogue and loathe Louis Walsh.
- Frontrunner Rhydian has already recorded a version of the Mariah Carey/Whitney Houston duet “When You Believe,” which is slated to be the X Factor champion’s Christmas single.(Daily Mail)
- Dame Liz Taylor convinced the striking WGA not to picket her AIDS charity benefit on Saturday, which was held on the Paramount set in Hollywood.(BBC)
- Jay Hunt, Director of Programmes for UK network Five, has been named Controller of BBC One. Peter Fincham previously held the position before quitting over the “Crowngate” scandal.(BBC)