Comedy Central’s The Daily Show appears to have a soft spot for expats, acting as an American career launching pad …Read Now
Amy Winehouse “Arrested” and Released
When I first saw this headline, I thought, “Oy. It’s just one thing after another with this girl.”
But, thank God, it’s not that bad: she was being interrogated by police about her husband Blake Fielder-Civil‘s pending “perversion of justice” case. It’s “common practice” to be “arrested” when one is interviewed by police in Britain, says a Scotland Yard spokesperson. Arrested “by appointment,” it’s called. You get your hair done, your nails done, a pedicure, and, I almost forgot, gotta go get arrested. Such is a day in Amyland.
Meanwhile, Amy’s dad doesn’t approve of her friendship with Pete Doherty. Gee, ya think? I’d call that intelligence.
In other news:
- Rhydian Roberts‘ father says his son believes X Factor was “fixed.”
- Louis Walsh says Leon won “fair and square.”(Guardian)
- In spite of the headlines, Leon says he’s “extremely close” to Rhydian.
- Rhydian admits he came “across as a bit of a tosser” in early episodes of X Factor.(The Sun)
- Jennifer Saunders is the new Doctor Who? Now don’t get crazy: it’s not even confirmed, and this is The Sun we’re talking about. She’s allegedly “in talks” to play the Timelord in a 2009 special episode. Lots of changes going on in Cardiff: David Tennant may be leaving, and Piers Wenger has been named executive producer for the fifth series.
- The Spice Girls open up about internal strife in their new documentary. Victoria Beckham says that “Mel B. and Geri were the loud ones,” which is news to almost no one.(The Sun)
- Shades of Footballers Wive$: a woman claims she was raped at a Manchester United holiday party.(Guardian)
- BBC Radio 1 has censored the word “f****t” from The Pogues‘ “Fairytale of New York.”(Guardian)
- Ewan McGregor will play Jim Carrey‘s lover in a dark comedy from the makers of Bad Santa.(Guardian)
- Sir Paul McCartney covers S Club 7? What has the world come to?
- Tara Newley, daughter of Joan Collins, shares her mother’s taste for younger men.(Daily Mail)